Update on Col

JB

Well, happy freaking fourth of july. Col's PET scan confirmed there is growth in the upper right lobe. Onco said she was however pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as she thought. But growth is growth and we must be proactive. So Col will start Chemo on the 27th. Taxol, which was one of the ones she had b4 with alitma. Going to spend the rest of the day reading Ned's Alitma log:)

Current plan is about 4 cycles and see how we do.

She has her normal 6 month brain scan today, and meets with the Nuerosurgeon on the 13th. Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one, because she's had a few issues that have us slightly concerned.

Other than that, just another day in paradise. We'll keep you posted.

Ah.........JB and Col..............another day in paradise, indeed. We have everything crossed here for you guys. May you get good news on the 13th. Growth is growth is growth is growth. Ya gotta just love the docs that say it's a plaasant surprise, huh? Where the heck do THEY live, anyhow :roll::?: Maybe we need a lunch before September just to lift you guys up in person. All the best of everything I got is headed your way.

Love,

Kasey

((((((JB and Col))))))

I am so sorry. I haven't posted yet, but I will be soon, but I have also had some progression. It just sucks so damn much and I know how scary and disappointing all this is.

Hope the Alimta/Taxol combo works great. I was on Alimta for quite a while and other than fatigue and SOB, went pretty well. My next line of treatment after this new one of Gemzar, will also be Taxotere, which is a form of Taxol I think. I seem to be running out of options here. Damn - gotta lose my freaking hair again!!!!

Cancer sucks, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. But Col is quite a fighter and a tough cookie, and I know you are always there holding here up!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

So sorry about the progression. I know first hand how disappointing it is no matter how positive a spin the oncs put on it. Sending many positive thoughts your way. Hope the brain scan comes out clean as a whistle. Keep us posted. Yeah, I've relied on Ned too. He's the bomb when it comes to tackling side-effects.

Judy in Key West

"Die Cancer Die!!!!!" HAng in there and it sounds like a good plan is in place!!

My thoughts and Prayers to the Family

JB, I am so sorry to hear about the growth. My doc once said that it could be a lot worse too. What are they thinking!!?? Growth is growth. I am sending prayers that the next chemo does it's job and that the MRI comes back clean. Take care

Sandra

Col is always in my prayers.... Let her know that me & Joel are thinking of her and pray for her.

I really don't know what else to say, we are so saddened by the news, and keeping everything crossed for her brain scan to show stable or improvement.

Praying the chemo works.

Maryanne & Joel