How can I get a social worker?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone here would think calling 911 was extreme. Good on ya for thinking that fast on your feet! And just all around WAY TO GO! This was a hard won battle for you, but you clearly were not taking no for an answer. I like that! Great to read this update!

Michelle, this is beyond awesome! I went back to the top of the thread and read the whole thing from the beginning, and I'm not ashamed to say that it brought tears of joy to my eyes. What a great "HOW TO" lesson — it should be required reading!

Randy, I see you're one of the moderators of this forum. How about making it a Sticky?

Ned

I just read this thread -- and must admit I am speechless. I can't imagine having to go through all of this just to get the coverage that you have paid for and deserve. The 911 call was brilliant. Would never have occurred to me. Am saying prayers that after all this, things will now go smoothly and all fall into place.

Diane

I ahve put up a few stickies in my time and no money is exchanged !!! :wink::lol::lol: Glad all is well though thats the important thing !

Michelle, that sticky not only makes you famous and fabulous, but it will give courage and encouragement to others who are fighting the system for their rights or the rights of their loved one. Way to go! I agree, the 911 call was brilliant.

Judy in Key West

Michelle - I am waay behind on this post but you go girl! What an inspiration. Tenacity is a gift.

One thought I have is transportation and some of the more mundane things you need to do while dealing with all of this stuff - grocery shopping, help with appointments, etc. We have a disability resource center here that helps physically and mentally challenged individuals that include cancer patients. I haven't needed them yet but they hook folks up with volunteers who are willing to help with things that the @#$% insurance companies don't cover.

Thoughts and prayers for you both.

Kathleen

Having a disability resource center would be just wonderful. I will look into that but am doubtful it is available here. I can't even get a return phone call from the ACS here :( I'm happy you haven't needed the resource center and I hope you won't need to call at all and your hubby has many many years!

Thanks!