Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! What a wonderful Air we had yesterday. Before I take too much credit for my faithfulness in starting them, remember I'm pretty much stuck in this coach day after day. Will, it's good to see you onsite and I love that term "iron island." I'll have to find a catchy phrase to describe the coach when I'm stuck in it. Two more days for me too and I'll meet up with my car in PA--YEAH!!! Oh, but I also have to go for labs on Thurs and see the onc there in Corning NY on Friday, all in prep for my first infusion "on the road" on Monday.

My husband missed a critical by-pass to the interstate this morninng. I was reading and posting as we stopped and started at lights and twisted and turned around corners. I suffer from motion sickness anyway so you can image how I felt as the coach rocked and rolled. When he finally stopped at a rest area on 80, I couldn't get out fast enough. I'd been in the foundry parking lot from 10 am til 8 pm yesterday. I didn't feel comfortable getting out and walking around the foundry area and by the time we got to Walmart last night, I was too pooped. Can you say cage fever? I will get out and walk every chance I get today and tomorrow for sure.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy on US 80 in Indiana heading for Mansfield PA

Judy...I can sense the excitement in your post about meeting up with your car in two more days. I used to think driving around the country in a motor home would be lots of fun until I read all of your posts. Don't get me wrong, the idea still sounds great but I have been thinking about how hubby and I can get when traveling in a car for short distances and I think I would be getting out and walking after a long ride in a motor home. I guess I'm too much of a "back seat driver" to make a trip like this. There are times I fully intend to keep my mouth shut and then, before I even realize it, a "watch out" or a "slow down" or even a "ooooooh" will slip out.

Today is another hot day on Florida's Space Coast. Of course, it's humid and there's rain in the forecast but, it's summer in Florida and we all know what to expect. Speaking of Florida, I got a good laugh from a news article in this morning's paper. Florida Senator Bill Nelson, who I respect and will always vote for, has introduced a bill to make it illegal to import certain pythons into the US. This bill comes just after a two year old was strangled by a pet python last week in Central Florida. The article goes on to say that the US Fish & Wildlife estimate that there are already 150-180,000 of these creatures living wild in the Everglades. Parson me Senator, but I think we should have thought of this a bit earlier.

Hope life is peachy-keen in your little corner of this big, wonderful, snake infested world.

Ann

Judy....forgot to add that I love getting my morning "Air" first thing in the morning!!! You do a great job getting us all awake and moving. Keep up the great work!!!

Hey Jude don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better.

I used to travel with some friends racing all over the west and we traveled in a Kenworth motor home. Sometimes I would lie on the cabover bunk as we rolled down the highway and watch the world through the front window. Talk about a roly poly ride when you are in a city. I remember one night in Tulsa and I was lying up there and after a while I had to get down on the floor to keep from upchuckin, I couldn't imagine that now with the chemo nausea added in. Just keep on hangin on in that land yacht and enjoy the best you can. That actually sounds to me like a pretty nice way to spend a summer, guess I get itchy feet every summer anyway. Things are getting better here. I was one of the very fortunate few in last weeks storm so I gotta consider myself lucky. I couldn't imagine living somewhere that has disasters fairly regularly. We had a big blizzard hit in April of 1973 and that is the last thing that has happened around here worth mentioning disasterwise. Today is a local holiday, the annual fair and rodeo parade and this town purty much stops for it. The bars stay open all night and the amateurs go out and get stupid, go bar crawling and such. I haven't done a drunken parade day in about 25 yrs. It hurts way toooo much on Wednesday and the rest of the yr while people tell you how stupid you got. No thanks. Well enough of this , y'all have a whole day, part of it is gonna be real good.

PS Ann. love that canuck taxidriver, oops taxidermist.

Donny

Hi All!

Corporate nutcases must be the worst. You take a certifiable nutcase and give him money and the ability to stop, (or start), the buck. We're about to hang anchors on a jack-up drilling rig to hold it still because we're swaying too much. HA!

Corporate Nutcases!

One more day...

If you happened to open the Just for Fun forum index you would see I came in this afternoon and immersed myself in Fun. Earlier today I was thinking of coming into the Air and talking to Ann and Donny about the coach travel. About that time the day started going downhill. My husband has been on the phone most of the day with a worker at the site we just left trying to trouble-shoot problems over the phone. I told him that I'd told him we should stay another day. The turnpike ticket disappeared between the dash and the driver's side panel never to be seen again. The man who was to deliver my car to Pa DIDN'T!

Now Ann, I was going to tell you that my husband and I have been doing quite well on this trip. There was one BIG BLOW in NJ when the trip started but things have gone relatively smoothly since then considering, until--no car waiting in Blossburg. So there was a moment or two when I thought, this is it--he's reached the end of his patience. But jeez, we got through it pretty unscathed.

This is my theory: The man loves to travel. Work allows him to travel in this coach. He loves his coach. I don't do well with him being away for long periods of time anymore. The man wants me to travel with him in the coach. He knows it's not always (not often) fun for me. He goes out of his way to be patient and nice. Makes sense to me and I very much appreciate it! So I'm usually nice back.

Judy still on US 80 but now in PA

Good afternoon all! Well it is overcast and about 73 degrees or so here so it is nice. Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life other than when mom was dx. I found out that my dad is not my biological dad. I had a great childhood but now I just have so many unanswered questions and do not know where to proceed from here. Anyways, It has just torn my dad apart since yesterday I am remaining strong for him but inside it hurts like h***. So that is all I have for today. Its gloomy and overcast and just one of those days where I just wanted to stay in bed ALL day

Did your Dad also find out he isn't your biological father? Sorry, I'm feeling dense. Sounds like the two of you had a good (great?) father-daughter relationship. Cherish it - more than most can say! Keep talking to him - you'll both feel better. I can read that in your post. Be gentle with each other too. Okay, I'll get off this soapbox now.

Coming from someone who is adopted, I have a little something to share with you about your Dad. There is so much more to being a Mom or Dad than to be a biological parent. Anyone can be a biological parent but your true parents are the ones that have always been there for and cared for you, through the good times and bad. I know how exciting it can be to find a "real" parent but please don't lose sight of of who your real Dad is.

Please let me know if you need to talk this through.

Ann

I am also adopted and Ann speaks volumes. Be safe in your travels and Hoping things are great for you and Dad!!!!