Alima (2nd week after 1st Chemo)

Notts

Back again folks and really need some help. Side effects didn't kick in until well into the 2nd week, so thought I was okay and drove down to the beach (6 hours) by myself. Think I made a mistake. Was planning on finishing up the rest of the Chemo down here with a new Doc. My mouth and throat are unbearable and the meds they have given me really don't do the trick. Also, shortness of breath is pretty bad, which really limits what I am able to do (especially here by myself). Does anyone out there have any suggestions or help??? Really in dire need. Due to get my 2nd Chemo next Tues. and not sure what to do.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Thanks for listening and will be awaiting any and all responses. Ceedee

My first thought is get to a local ER !!! Shortness of breath is serious but can be fixed at a hospital!!! Thats Primary!!

Thanks for the response, but the side effects that come along with this particular Chemo is shortness of breath - so guess I shoud expect it. Just hope it doesn't last much longer. It's mainly upon exeration. Any other into??? Ceedee

sadly we never tried Alimta. That would have been next! I just get worried on hearing Shortness of Breath so......

Hi Ceedee. I too experienced severe side effects from alimta later in the week after chemo. It just knocked me right out for a few days. But then I would bounce back. I definitely would not have wanted to be alone. I eventually went off of this chemo due to my low tolerance. Be sure to tell your doc of all your side effects and you can make a decision. I know some here have had side effects but that the drug did help. Let us know how you are doing.

Sandra