Update on Bill's Brain Scan

Barb73

Barb,

Every day you and Bill will take anotherl little step. Yesterday's little step wasn't so bad (the treatment), so you relax a little about today's. All these little steps that are doable will add up and you and Bill will get through this.

Susan

Dana and Susan,

The steps haven't been too bad.

It is difficult to get up at five in the morning to do all that is necessary getting out by early morn to travel over to the Cancer Center.

Bill takes an hour to shower (a new wrinkle) but it's a good thing, really. He is able to do that all by himself and arrive at a very nice appearance.

It's doable getting over there, too, but hectic. That leaves me going over without makeup. Yikes. You don't know what that looks like. LOL

Seriously, we are doing fine and able to get through this. It isn't a big deal. I'm glad that we can get over there within 15-20 minutes parked, and on our way up to the clinic.

Today, Tuesday, Bill is really doing great. I told him those steroids have an impact on energy levels. However, they do affect his sleep at night. That will improve as the days pass.

What we are looking for is a shrinkage "of sorts" to the neck node. Every treatment either worked or didn't work as per that "barometer."

It's strange, but that has been the signal either for failure or success. Maybe, this time it will stay quelled.

Prayers going up.

Love,

Barbara

Hi Barb

You guys are amazing... with all that goes on you still keep plugging away with such a great positive attitude.

Iam here, just want you to know that. Praying for success this time and shrinkage.

So glad the steroids are helping him. An hour in the shower, I would be out of hot water in 20 minutes :roll:

Want to hear good news!

Maryanne :wink:

Susan, Maryanne and Katie,

Thank you for the continued support. It's wonderful.

Susan, I am still laughing about the beauty thing. lol You know when it's serious business when makeup goes off the list altogether. :roll:

...and yes, let us see some shrinkage with that derned node.

Maryanne, I know you are there. It goes without saying, but it is always good to hear.

Katie, keeping in mind about you guys "taking the steps" with us. We are aware and it's as though we have this invisible group backing us up for the trek.

This morning, Bill was feeling really good, and has taken himself to the store to restock some of the things we need from Rite Aid. We were running out on the general supplies that make life civilized.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the doctor (follow up for the kidney stone thing). Hope that will be the end of that. Can you believe how very "sick" we are with medical visits? Well, I know I don't have to explain that to all of you.

We are grateful that we are able to continue with the treatments and such. It has given us much valuable and enjoyable time together.

Love,

Barbara

Judy and Bud,

The visit to the urologist went fine. There is nothing untoward with the bladder. However, I may need to follow up one more time. Frankly, I would rather let it go. I think it's been tested enough and I am very squeemish about invasive testing which can promote bacterial infections. :roll:

It is silly for me to complain about doctor's visits, but it can be, as Judy says, "a drag." It's a necessary interruption in our lives, but frustrating, all the same.

Barbara

Barbara,

I'm glad your visit to the urlogist went well. I understand the "how sick we are" comment. At the time mom had just had her biopsy and was waiting for the results, my dad was recovering from a stroke and triple bypass a year earlier and I had strep throat and a fever of 102. I remember looking at them and commented that our family was in sad shape when my father was the healthiest one in the bunch. My father just thought that was hilarious and it was the first time we laughed about anything in weeks.

I guess its stuff like that and the incident with the keys at your house that keeps us going--with or without makeup! :wink:

Susan