Getting to Know You - Monday, July 27

Ann

Hi Ann, I'm right behind you with the Air!

Cards have gotten so ridiculously expensive that I've stopped buying them for immediate family that I see. I still always send cards to my two birth sisters and two counsin-sisters I grew up with.

Judy in Key West

OMG I am embarrassed to admit I do NOT buy birthday cards or any cards for that matter. I think they are a waste of money so I usually will make one or just send a letter acknowledging the occasion. :oops: I just think what do these people do with them after I spend a couple bucks on em. I know they aren't going to keep it forever so I just try to "personalize" AKA "go cheap" :oops:

I buy for immediate family....which would be 6....every year. When I get in a "crafty" mood, I try to make several cards that I can use during the year for co-workers and friends. Cards are outrageously expensive and most people don't keep cards and just toss them right after they take out the gift card...lol!

Just an idea about the "tossed" cards. I got so many when I was dx'd the first time. I went through them and picked my favorites. I plan on doing a scrapbook with them one of these days when I have nothing to do. LOL I rarely have anything to do these days.

Since I quit stealing I buy all that I send now. Actually it varies every year but I will buy usually ten or more. I hate that they have gotten so expensive just to fill someones trash can with. I just tell myself it's always the thought that counts. People that i care about deserve to at least feel like I was thinking of them. Whenever possible though I like to make special cards or notes on the computer.

I do not BUY any cards. I make any cards I want with Hallmark software. It is TONS cheaper and I can personalize them. People seem to like that. I have been doing this for years and if I need to buy a card I just about get the shakes in the store when I see the cost. It is OUTRAGEOUS!