Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I hope it's Tuesday. I'm losing track of the days. Still at Lazy Days. Told my husband I'm hanging out in the coach until they run me out. They said they are waiting for a part my husband asked them to get the last time we were here. They are not installing it so I don't think they are interested in getting it. They also said the coach needs to be washed. They moved it out of the bay and put us in a site but no timeframe on when we can settle up and leave.

Stan went for breakfast at the Club and I'm rethinking staying here. I may just walk over and join him. I still have a half hour til breakfast is over.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy STILL in Seffner but not for long!

Judy....I hope you went for breakfast!!! This morning I didn't have time to grab anything for breakfast and I'm starving. I would love to be having breakfast with you right now. How far is Seffner from Palm Bay? Somehow, I don't think I would make it there in a half hour. Oh well, guess I'll just to have to wait for lunch.

Well, it looks as if we have to have a new A/C unit. But, I guess that news was inevitable, as this unit was the original one with the house, built in 1998. At least, I will know that I have a unit, under warranty, and won't have to worry about the probability of it not working on a 98 degree day.

Thanks to so many of you for accepting me as a friend on Facebook. I've been registered with Facebook for a long time but just got active last week when I met up with my best friend from high school who I haven't see or talked to in over 30 years. What a great experience that was!!!

Our weather is still the same...hot, hotter, humid and rain with a chance of severe thunderstorms. For weeks, my hair has made me look like an entry in the Janis Joplin hair look alike contest. My hair's shorter than hers but it's definitely got that full, wavy, frizzy look going on, thanks to this humidity!

So, how's the weather in everyone's little corner of the world?

Wonderful weather here in the cowboy state. 40s this morning might make 70 this afternoon, slight chance of rain and scattered thundershowers. I love this kinda weather. Just hope it's clear tonight from 7 till 8, I'm playing music at the local farmers market. Really a good time and this year is a bumper crop so gotta go early and shop for some fresh produce.

Donny

Donny.....If Becky Snowflake would have ever gotten that big blue bus on the road, she could have picked all of us and brought us to hear you play! That would have been a blast!!! I'll be crossing my fingers that the rain stays far away from you between 7-8 tonight!!! Oh...make sure you dedicate a tune for all of your LCSC buddies!!!

Donny, so glad to hear you are playing in a public venue tonight. It's probably the best medicine for you right now. But hey, a bumper crop of what?--whatever, I envy you. We get nothing fresh from the field in Key West LOL.

Ann, no don't think you could have made breakfast in a half hour. You need to keep cereal bars handy for days like this.

Judy DRIVING AWAY FROM Lazy Days YEEAAAHHHH

Yes, Donny....do tell us about the crops...lol!

Judy...I hope this means you're headed home? I think you said you are going to stop by your daughters before destination Key West.

My boss and his family are in the Keys for the week. I'm so envious!!!

I'm sort of taking it easy today, printed a box of envelopes and haven't done much more except some Web surfing. Basically I'm saving my strength for what promises to be a terrific evening. The neighbor at the top of our cul-de-sac was band director at a nearby high school for a number of years, then moved up the management ladder and was principal at another school or two for a few more years, and since retiring has become involved once again in the local music scene. A few months ago he organized a chamber orchestra drawn from professional and other accomplished musicians across the island, and he serves as conductor. They have a concert tonight at a historic cathedral downtown, and he and his wife have offered me and another neighbor a ride to the event. Since I don't consider myself competent to handle nighttime freeway traffic these days and my wife has another commitment, the offer was much appreciated. (Maybe I can buy dinner for the group as a minimum.) As some of you may know, I studied music in college and even got a master's degree in composition and theory, but I fell in love with airplanes even more and that shaped 30 years of my life. I've been watching YouTube clips of the Beethoven and Saint-Saens pieces which are on the program so I don't come across totally out of touch!

Ned

Ned - sounds like a good evening.

It got up to 99 today - not right for the PNW. Tomorrow may be hotter. No AC at work either. Boss says - go take a break at the nearby grocery store - it's cold there. Popsicle days. Melted mind.

Happily, we have a heat pump, so at home we can keep the place comfortable. The garden is very thirsty. The volunteer pumpkin is already turning orange! Eating salads and whatever can be cooked outside.

Wow Ned, I'm jealous. I started playing guitar by ear at age 9 and at about age 30 I decided to take lessons and learn how to do what I was doing right. My instructor dropped me after one lesson and said it would take 20 years to break all of my bad habits so he could start teaching me, LOL. It's ok, I still enjoy playing and had a great time playing tonight and had good input so I guess I can't complain. I also love chamber music and string quartets well actually all sorts of music except all of the disrespectful negative lyrics of modern hip hop / rap / etc. Anyway I'd love to have been there too Ned.

Donny