Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I am in Port St Lucie, yeaahh. My husband's cooking breakfast for he and my grandson and life is good.

I caught up on the Air last night but it was Dominick's first night with us so didn't get to post. Ann, I wish I was going home from here but have to go back to Orlando for an infusion first. Won't get to leave for Key West until Aug 4. Feels like forever away. Donny, so glad you had a good time playing. Of course you had a positive response from the audience. I wouldn't expect less. And Ned, what a wonderful night you had planned. I'm sure you all had a great time. ts, they were talking about the heat wave in Oregon last night. Sounds like you have it too. It's tough in places where you don't typically need air conditioning. Hope it cools off for you soon.

I'm headed outside now to work out. It's been awhile since we've been in a situation where Stan could get my machine out. He walked early this morning and got my machine out when he got back to the coach--no excuses now!

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Port St Lucie

Does anyone believe that old saying about "a bad streak of luck?" No...not a GTKY question, just wondering. I've been having so many bad things happen lately and it just seems as if they're not stopping. I was going with the theory that bad things happen in three's and the A/C taking a dive would have been the third bad thing. Well, it just keeps going. This morning, Tanner didn't make his usual leap up on the bed. He was just laying on the floor on my side of the bed and when I called him up, he was very reluctant to come up. As soon as he got up, I could tell that he was crying and holding his left front paw in the air. Further investigating showed that he has somehow almost torn off his dewclaw, so we're off to the vet at 11:30. I worry that he will snap it off when we're not home and bleeding could be a problem.

I take my son in at 2:20 to get the three pins out of his hand. I pray that goes better than most things in my life have been going. His doctor is very good but they move like molasses that have been refrigerated for 6 months. A visit there ends up taking about 2-1.2 hours.

Wow....don't I sound chirpy this morning??? I have to get myself talked out of this slump!!!

Judy...I'm so glad you're one step closer to being home. PSL is only about an hour south of me. If I wasn't working and taking dogs to the vet, I'd drive right down there. You should feel great this morning...being with your grandson and exercising!

Donny...So glad to hear you had a good night last night!!! Music always makes me feel better!!!

So, everyone send me some positive vibes from your little corner of the world. I can feel it now........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ann

Just a little Tanner update.....

Hubby took him to the vet and $189 later we have a 104 pound golden retriever that is now missing a dewclaw. The vet grabbed the "pliers" and pulled the nail right off. Tanner wimpered a bit, piddled in the floor from fear and was then thrilled when the vet gave him a cookie. We got all of his vaccinations and Heartguard a month ahead of schedule, so he's all good to go.

Now...if my sons appointment to get the pins removed goes this smoothly, I'll be having a good day!!!

Ann

Hi, Everybody!

Got caught by rain the other day so working on the grass again today with an additional 3 inches growth. I guess better that than having to mow again in two days.

Hope you have a good workout, Judy.

Ann, um... Yes, I feel your bad luck pain. It passes. Keep your chin up.

Will

I did have a good workout Will. 7:30 am isn't my time of preference but the sun will be over the line of trees behind the coach if I do it any later.

Ann, when life slammed me like that I used to call a friend and tell her I needed an "oh poor baby." Well, this is no joke. You deserve it and I'm delivering it now: Oh you poor baby. I do know how you feel. If the bad stuff doesn't stop at three, you don't know when to expect it to stop. But, like Will said and we all know (but it doesn't help much when you are in the thick of it), it will pass. Maybe something good will happen at the dr's office with your son. Like maybe you'll get out in 1 1/2 hrs--or not. Have a good evening. You deserve it.

Judy in Port St Lucie

Thanks to Judy and Will for being my cheering section. Today is one of those days that I really need to be pulled up!!!

We got to the doctor's office at 2:00 and the waiting room was absolutely full to the point that people were out of the office and sitting in the hallway. When I signed in, I asked the receptionist if the wait was going to be long, as I had taken time off work to be there. She said...."ooh yes, we're overbooked today." Overbooked??? Is this a doctors office or an airline??? At 4:00, after the cast had come off, xrays done and doctor determined pins could NOT come out since healing was progressed enough, I had hubby come in to wait with Matt and I came back to work. New cast was going on when I left. We go back in 3 more weeks to check progress.

Just after I posted this morning, I got a call that a friend of mine here passed away last night. She was only 55 years old. Her husband got up this morning and found her on the sofa.

So....I need your prayers. Things have to get better and while I'm waiting on that to happen, I'm just going to try and keep on being cheerful...lol!!!

Ann