back from vacation, starting Gemcitabine

AnneM

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my wonderful 3 week trip. We did a cruise to Alaska, then my hubby's family reunion in Canada, then drove home to San Diego via Yellowstone. It was a great family adventure, and I'm so glad we were able to do it. It's so wonderful to take my kids somewhere where they don't have to think about cancer, or mom's dr. appointments, or anything but having fun. That's the way it should be for them all the time.

Just before my trip, I had 3 weeks of radiation to the largest spot in my right lung which has been causing pain. It didn't help any :(

I had a CT recently that showed some minor reduction in some modules, but an overall slow progression is continuing. So, onward to Gemcitabine we go. My first one is tomorrow. I'll have 3 weeks on, one week off. I expected this due to my symptoms being the same or perhaps slightly worse, so no surprise, but bummer nontheless. I hope it's not too bad...it shouldn't be, but that's what they said about the Alimta and it kicked me in the butt.

In going back and reading many of your posts from while I was gone, it seems that many of you are also going through some bad times with this horrible disease. I'm thinking about all of you and wishing you all well.

Anne