PET Uptake

Annette

The more you learn - or hear the more dangerous you are....

My surgeon has asked for another CT scan before going in and taking out part of my right lung (already took out right middle lobe - clear borders and non lymph involved). He said something about the PET markers or update being well above 9 on the right side tumor and only a 2.something on the left - so he is wanting to make sure it's cancer.

Does anyone have any experience with a hot spot coming back with a 2.something marker and not being cancer?

Appreciate any thoughts....

Annette

Annette-

When I had my original PET, one of my rt ribs showed up as a 2.something. Never showed as being a met on a CAT scan. When I asked about it, they told me that they don't consider checking on it being cancerous unless its at least a 3.0.

That was almost three years ago, and the rib is still showing clean on all of my CAT scans.

Good luck.

Hugs - Patti B.

Annette,

Don't know if this helps, but here is my situation.

I have had PET uptakes as high as 7.8 or 8, without it being cancer. Mine ended up being inflammation probably from sarcoidosis. They did rescan me every 3 months (CT w/contrast & PET/CT's) and biopsy me twice in 2 years. Even with the benign biopisies they said that they could not be certain it was not more cancer. After the 3cm mass shrunk by 75% from 6 weeks of prednisone they knew it was not cancer.

Good Luck:)

• 4 weeks later...