Getting to Know You - Tuesday, August 4

Ann

I was watching Sesame Street with Ella and Jude a couple of weeks ago, so I had a good refresher course on these characters. Like Ginny, I can definitely relate to Cookie Monster but I think I'm really more like Big Bird. He just sorta strolls around and seems to always know the scoop.

Boy that's a hard one. I'm not Ernie (too needy) or Bert (too cynical and jaded), Not even Cookie Monster (I don't like cookies, even though I can understand the food addiction, I too love food. Just not cookies), Kermit is always the leader and people rely on him (not me), Not Grover (too silly and innocent), And I just don't relate to big bird either (just doesn't seem to have any direction or purpose).

I guess I've always related to Miss Piggy.... always on the quest for love.

Can't say any of those muppets are my fave, I LOVE Animal, the drummer from the Electric Mayhem of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. Yep, it's Animal for me, chained to his drum set and pounding away...somewhere, I have a puppet of the muppet...wild hair and bushy eyebrows - LOVE that hairy man! LOL

Ooh, I love the Muppets. There is an exhibit here in Seattle at the EMP/SciFi Museum thru mid August. I think going to it will be my birthday treat.

I have a small Swedish Chef on my desk - I'm not Swedish, and I rarely cook anymore, but I loved those bits.

BTW: Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Grover, and the Cookie Monster are not Muppets! They are Jim Henson characters on Sesame Street. I didn't watch Sesame Street.