Getting to Know You, Thursday - August 6

Ann

Well, I definitely have a great answer for this question!!!

About a week ago, I decided to try and get myself familiar with Facebook, since everyone I know seems to be talking about how great it is. I had created an account a long time ago but had never been active. To my delight, I was able to connect with my BFF ....from over 40 years ago. As teenagers, she and I were more like sisters than friends. I thought she was always the greatest thing since sliced bread. She was pretty, smart and witty. She was always everything that I admired and wanted to be! She got married and we lost touch. Through the years, I've thought of her at least a million times and wondered where she was and how she was doing. There were so many times in my life that I would have loved to have her love and support!!! But...everything is wonderful now!!! We email every day and I we've talked on the phone twice. Next year, we will be having our 40th reunion and we're all excited.....it's as if not even a day has passed since the last time we saw each other!!!

As you know I started riding the bus a couple of months ago when my car went on the fritz.

It has been an interesting experience. For one thing I can't hurry through everything any more. I also see places that I never paid attention to before and really see them. It is great because I live in such a wonerful place.

One thing about living up here is that everything caters to people who are seniors or physically or mentally challenged. Most of the handicapped people don't drive. They ride the bus. With so much bad stuff going on all of the time it is great to see how many people really know how to treat everyone with respect and to be helpful. I'm afriad I was becoming a real cenic(sp) but now I love what I am seeing.

I just got in touch with an old friend of Joel's on FB. Joel, Jay and this guy Murray used to sing as teenages on street corners, things teens use to do. They harminze pretty good. Well Joel and Jay are still great friends, but no one knew what happened to Murray.

I put his name in search and wella found him. I email him and her freaked out as he had been looking for us through the years. So Ann that happened with us too.

I will say there are some people on there who I knew for high school who I really do not care to start a new freindship and I hate when they ask me to be their friend. I feel like a snob if I don't answer. Oh well... but glad we found Murray even though his is in Oklahoma and we are in New Jersey.

Maryanne :wink: