Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! My little dip up hasn't stayed so far up today but I'm working on it. The guys took a boat trip (free offer from neighbors who own the tour boat) to the Dry Tortugas. I've always wanted to do it but it's very expensive. I just didn't feel physically up to the trip or willing to risk sea-sickness today. My grandson said no at first because it would be such a long day and he was afraid he would be bored. He heard my husband talking on the phone to a friend saying he'd wanted to do it for twenty years and if he didn't do it now, he probably never would. Dominick changed his mind and went.

I decided to take what energy I have today and start getting things together here at home. I still have to decide whether or not I'm making my trip to NJ in two weeks. I think it will help if I get things squared away a little before I go. Guys, you might want to click off now LOL. My husband is a good guy who cooks, does laundry and is generally helpful. Problem is he is a slob. Whatever he has in his hands lands whereever he happens to be. The carport that is the main entrance to my house is an ongoing sore point. If he sees me dragging things around the other side to his "workshop", he gets very defensive and angry. Consequently, I've typically done it when he's away which isn't very often without me now. He unloaded a bunch of crap from the coach there and I don't understand why. His area on the other side is much closer. Anyway it's 10:15 am and the overcast day has turned to sunny. The only thing I got out of the carport is the case of wine, a few bottles at a time because they were going to pop their corks and turn to vinegar if they stayed out in the heat too long. The other thing is weeds. I pull weeds because if I let him do it, he just throws them on the ground and it looks awful. I picked some up after him earlier in the week and guess what he did? He pulled some tall flowers from the front bed out that had died. Guess where they are? Anyway, I'm going to go do what I can then quit. I already cleaned up the kitchen and washed the counter and dirty fry pans so whatever I get done outside will be a bonus.

Hope you all have a great day. And speaking of guys, Mike I've been missing you??? Hope everything is o.k. and you and your grandson are just busy fishing.

Judy in Key West

I'm baaaack! O.k., no one else has checked in but that's o.k., there are people reading. This post is really for me anyway.

I'm so proud--the trash and recyling is out for tomorrow morning, the big tall flower/weeds are raked and put in a container, and ALL the stuff in the carport is properly put away on the other side of the house. I was done at 11:15 which means I accomplished it all in an hour. I'm a sweaty disgusting mess but I'll jump in the shower as soon as I get a rest. The man will be mad at me for doing it but I'm a happy camper. I'll assure him he does more than his share--which is true. I'll also tell him I'm more likely to make the trip to NJ if things get squared away here. Also true.

Judy in Key West

Hello all, time for me to air about some good news for a change.

Friday afternoon when I was through playing at the opening of the Relay for Life I was asked to do a TV interview for a local station because I was the only performer who was also a survivor. So i was given a few minutes to talk about my story, my treatment, my prognosis and to sing a little song. The on-air person also wants me to come on next month for her morning show and talk a little more in depth about my story. I'm very honored and happy that there may be a little bit of good that comes out of this, aside from the fact that I am going to be a healthy, productive citizen once again as soon as I recover from the treatment. LOL. I just need to try to keep myself in the positive, I've been very negative lately and I don't want to stay there anymore.

Hope everyone is having the best day they can.

Hopefully Heidi is on a safe trip home and will be back with us soon.

Donny

Donny, I'm so glad I took some time off from DVR TV viewing to check in. What a wonderful development. So glad you are able to move into and stay in the positive perspective. Not surprised your music was the avenue.

Wishing Heidi a safe return as well. Also looking forward to her update on the developments in the South.

I'm really tired but after a very productive day!

Judy in Key West

Judy...Judy ....Judy.....with all that energy you have dear, would you mind stopping by my house and help me clean my husbands messes? I know being in California it's a bit of a distance, but what are friends for right? LOL

I remember a few years ago when we were selling our home my husband had so much junk in the garage that you couldn't even walk through it. Honestly it was piled up to the ceiling! So, I called the city and had them deliver one of those BIG dumpsters. Told them to leave it for one month and please empty weekly. WELL, you should have seen my husbands face when he came home from work and saw that thing in our driveway. It was beyond funny because he would go look inside everyday to see what I had thrown away and would TRY to dig it out. He must have saved every nut, ,bolt and screw for over 40 years. Plus about 40 years worth of old tax returns.

PS Let me know when you'll be arriving and I'll pick ya up at the airport! :lol:

Hi everyone,my computer bit the dirt so I was using the one at the library. I finally bought a cheap little one at walmart for 350.00 but it seems to serve my purpose well. Sometimes I think I should cut costs and do away with internet and dish network but when I am without it makes me realize how much I would miss them. I hope you all had a nice weekend. Goodnight all.

(click).

Donny...this is great news!!! Wow, we have a celebrity among us. I'm so proud of you!!! Please keep us posted on this one.

Mike...glad you have a new puter! The prices on computers are really dropping now and I think I'm going to be needing one soon myself. Like you, I think of how much $$$ I could save every month but being online with friends is just one of those personal pleasures that I would have a very hard time giving up.