Good Case of a SCLC patient

berisa

That was really interesting. I answered all but one of the questions correctly, unfortunately having first hand experience with my mom.

My mom had carboplatin and etoposide as a first line treatment, I see that cisplatin was used in this case. Is cisplatin used as first line treatment for everyone now? Just wondering. Possibly she would have remained in complete response longer had she had cisplatin first?

Hope

Mom dx with sclc limited stage 0l-02

5 months chemo (carboplatin & etoposide), radiation, no pci

Recurrance 06-03 found with follow up c/t, chemo (carboplatin & etoposide) began then stopped due to severe reaction

07-03 pet scan concurred ca in sternum

09-03 ct showed ca spread

09-03 Three 28-day cycles of cisplatinum & cpt-ll

12-03 some tumors responding, began 2 more 28 day cycles cisplatinum & cpt-ll

The lady in the CASE study had limited stage sclc and was treated according to ACCP guidelines- 2 cycles of cisplatin/etoposide, paclitaxel with G-CSF support (I don't know what that is). Then 2 further cycles of lower doses of the same without the G-CSF along with concurrent radiation therapy.

I hope you can access it, it was kind of fun making the diagnosis, although I'm sure everyone will agree that we have obtained knowledge about this horrible disease against our will!

Hope

Mom dx with sclc limited stage 0l-02

5 months chemo (carboplatin & etoposide), radiation, no pci

Recurrance 06-03 found with follow up c/t, chemo (carboplatin & etoposide) began then stopped due to severe reaction

07-03 pet scan concurred ca in sternum

09-03 ct showed ca spread

09-03 Three 28-day cycles of cisplatinum & cpt-ll

12-03 some tumors responding, began 2 more 28 day cycles cisplatinum & cpt-ll