The nicest thing. . .

I've been hanging on by a thread for the past few days. Mom has been in the hospital since Wednesday and getting weaker instead of stronger. I had to fly to Tampa on business yesterday with one of the owners of the company I work for.

Today when we got back to the Tampa airport to fly home, without saying a word to me, he got on the phone to our office manager and had her book me a ticket out of Atlanta first thing tomorrow morning so I can spend the weekend with my mom.

It was all I could do not to burst out crying. I'm barely holding it together anyway and then someone goes and does something really nice. The tears have been bubbling under the surface for the past two days anyway, but it was all I could do to hold it together until I got in my hotel room tonight. Then I let it all out and had a good cry.

If everything is on schedule tomorrow, I should be in Wilmington by 9 am tomorrow morning. Dad is picking me up at the airport. He isn't telling mom so it will be a surprise. I'll probably lose it again as soon as I see her. Don't want to do that. This is the first time since the shock of her dx wore off that I've been scared--really scared.

Susan

Enjoy some quality time with your mom tomorrow When You get in. And I am glad you have such an AWESOME Boss!! Mine is also! :wink:

That was a wonderful thing arranging your flight for you. I'm so happy that you'll be with your Mom this week-end. I'm sure she'll be thrilled when you surprise her with your visit.

Please let us know how it all went and you'll be in my prayers.

Susan-

How wonderful of your boss to do that. Isn't it amazing how some people can just step up to the plate for us when we need it??

I hope you are having a good visit with your mom and that she is feeling better. Give her a hug from me!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Susan (((HUGS)))

I am so glad that your boss is kind enough to arrange a well needed visit with your mum for you.

I hope that you can put aside the feeling of being scared and manage to spend some wonderful quality time with your mum this weekend and I also hope that she starts to feel better and get stronger again soon.

Hi Susan,

I am sorry to be late in chiming in, but, I sincerely do hope that you had a wonderful weekend with your Mom. I hope your presence brought her joy (no doubt!) and that she is getting stronger and stronger each day. What a wonderful boss you have (me too!). That really helps a lot, doesn't it?

Blessings to you,

Kimberly

Wow what a great boss....there are wonderful people in the world. I hope you enjoyed your weekend with Mom. I completely understand losing it and crying. My boss actually made a sign for me that said no nice words so people at work would stop being so nice about Gene's diagnosis and making me cry:)

I am so glad that one of the many people in this old world who still have compasion and don't mind showing it is your boss. I hope you had a really great time with your mom and that she will bounce back from this down turn. Prayers are being said by so many here and I want to add mine.