I went to a party last night

Barbb

Rod's best friend was the guest of honor at a surprise 60th birthday party last night at his house. He had gone to Omaha with his wife and daughter to "shop". Their last stop was Cabella's and they couldn't get him out of there and were about an hour late!!

Anyway, I drove Rod's pickup, it needs to get on the highway and GO fast, the county roads over there are awful and it had rained. The hardest part was when I turned off the highway and the 5 or so miles to their place, I didn't put on makeup because I knew the tears would come but it wasn't as bad as I expected. The pain is so deep, not so close to the surface and like a terrible raw feeling.

BUT, the party was fun, he was surprised, LOTS of people came and his-son-in law and sil's sister planned it and did all the food prep. I visited with a two old friends and we are going to get together and stay in touch now by email. God is truly gracious to me.

Barbb

Hi Barb,

It seems it doesn't matter how many weeks, months, or years pass -- those "firsts" are all big. Whether they're traumatic or triumphant, they're major markers in this journey. I'm so glad you made it to the party, that you enjoyed it, and that you connected with old friends. And that you can see the blessings. Congratulations -- I know it's a big deal!

Hugs,

I am glad you went Barb and it actually turned out to be a good time. I could only imagine how much anticipation was going through your head. But glad it turned out to be a pleasant time and certainly glad you got out and went.

Maryanne :wink: