Out of the hospital!

fillise

Mom got out of the hospital yesterday! She was taken off the IV fluids on Sunday and her digestive tract seems to have settled down so she is retaining food and liquids.

Her oncologist said he wants to give her a couple of weeks to get stronger and then he might try giving her 50% of the Alimta she got last time. If she handles that he will gradually try to build her up to the dose she should be getting. He hasn't decided for sure yet, but that is one option.

I flew up to see her over the weekend. She didn't know I was coming and burst into tears when I walked into her room. I spend most of Saturday and Sunday with her before flying back yesterday. I think I will try to go spend the week with her whenever she gets her next treatment in case she has trouble again.

For now, I feel like I can relax a little bit.

Susan

Susan, what a lovely tribute to her love for you that your Mom burst into tears when she saw you. Am so glad she's feeling better and you can relax a little. Hope you can make that weeklong trip when she gets her next treatment.

Judy in Key West

Randy,

A friend of mine from HS and her daughter are going to do it. They are really looking for the daughter to have a way to earn some money (she is developmentally disabled. She can do many things, but in this market it is really hard for her to find a job).

If that doesn't work out, I'm calling Mary Poppins from Craigs List!

Thanks,

Susan

Susan that is such a wonderful post. I am so glad your mom is feeling a bit better and will get the time to strength up a bit more before going forward with treatement. And it is just so sweet and awesome that you were able to go spend the weekend with her. I'm sure it was one of the happiest surprises your mom received. What a beautiful bond you two have.

Susan,

What a wonderful post! Your Mom's "tears of joy" upon seeing you tells it all. :D A loving daughter is a great and special gift to a mother.

Sending my prayers and all good thoughts to you both for the continuing of your Mom's feeling better.

Barbara

Susan - A big WOOHOO! There are special moments for all of us in this journey. First your boss, how wonderful to get you up there. And to be able to spend time with your mom and watch her come home. A child's love is the best and I'm sure your mom felt on top of the world when she saw you walk through the door.

So glad it was a great visit for you both.

Kathleen

• 2 months later...

Susan, so glad I had computer time (without getting kicked off or freezing up) to catch up on what's going on with your Mom. I'd responded to the first post but just saw the one about the house-helper. How great is that. Mom gets help and you get to help someone else. Praying it works out for all of you. Saw you're waiting on scan results. The worst wait in the world but I'll be waiting with you. Love to your Mom.

Judy in Key West