Getting to Know You - Wednesday, August 19

Ann

Usually the same thing but sometimes I am adventurous. I just don't want anything exotic if you know what I mean.

Lately when I go I usually look up the menu on the web and check the nutrition facts. I have been working so hard to lose some of the weight I gaines when I quit smoking. So far I haven't made it to 20 pounds but I love to cook and I love my own cooking and my neighbor undermines me because he buys things and asks me if I will cook it for him for a share. So there goes the diet :oops:

It depends on the restaurant. Mike and I go to one that is pretty well known for their ribs, so I always order ribs there. I've never tried anything else. However going to other restaurants I usually try to order different things on occassion. I would say that 75% of the time I order the same thing, but every so often I'll change it up. It especially helps if I was able to try something from Mike's plate previously. He always orders something new each time and will let me taste.

I'm very very picky when it comes to food and eat a very limited menu, so it helps to know ahead of time if I like it. I don't want to spend money, and still leave a restaurant hungry because I was adventurous and ordered something I didn't like.

I am a creature of habit:

Spring House Tavern - crab cakes

Tutto Mario's - penne bologanese (sp?)

Ariana's - chicken marsala

Macaroni Grill - Carmen's chicken rigatoni

I virutally never vary at these restaurants.

Now Earl was Mr. Adventure - bear, ostrich, venison, partridge, rabbit, esgargot.

I always joked when he ordered esgarot, that I preferred fast food.

I rarely order different things from a menu if I know there's something I like. I'm tired of ordering dishes that are awful. I always feel bad about complaining and sending it back anyway.

Geez, I just realized I haven't eaten out since February. :cry:

I have a reputation for ordering the strangest thing on the menu. Untrue. But I do try to order what I think will be the best thing that day. Right more often that not - or at least I am happy with my order and my table mates often say "I'm going to get that next time!"

Not a fan of most offal, but beyond that, I'm game. Uh, no bugs either.

There are restaurants where I almost ALWAYS order the same dish. Antonia's little neck clams in linguine and clam (white, lite garlic and oil) sauce. That's true for most pricey restaurants that I don't get to often. If it's a lower priced restaurants (not many in KW), I'll switch my selection out once in awhile but am still inclined to stay with a favorite. Problem with me is that my husband is such a good cook, I rule a lot of stuff out because I know he probably does it better!

Judy in Key Wes

Although I try really hard to order new, different things I usually stick with something that I've had before and liked. For years, I've been a TGIF Friday's fan. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience at a Friday's. I love their Jack Daniels Sauce and anything is good that I can put that sauce on...lol.