Bringing everyone up to date on mom... SEPT 15th UPDATE...

shineladysue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you who are watching these updates, hang in there. Mom has an appt. with the pulmonologist who will do her next biopsy . The appointment is on Friday am and I will have more information to give an update at that time. .. Thank you for checking in and keep the prayers coming.. we need them all..

Love,

Sue

SEPT 4TH UPDATE..

Ok, Mom had her appointment with the pulmonologist today and this is the plan.

Thursday, Sept. 10th at 1:00pm she is scheduled to have that biopsy of the lymph nodes via EBUS procedure. It is Endobronchial Ultrasound Bronchoscopy... anyhow , it is the safest option for her. The doctor is still hopeful that due to the low amount of uptake on the PET that this is not cancer in the lymph nodes, but if it is... she says if the right one is malignant cyber knife will still be a go, but if the left one is malignant cyberknife will not be an option at this time. We hope to get some preliminary reports on that day. We are all still holding on to the hope that Cyberknife is a go.

Again, thank you all for hanging in there with us through what has been a long drawn out procedure. I hope you will continue to hang in there with us a bit longer because all the positive vibes and prayers coming mom's way is very much appreciated..

Love you all,

Sue

SEPTEMBER 15TH

BENIGN FOR LYMPH NODES CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

Yes, thanks God!!! Mom got the call from the doctor yesterday that the final pathology report said benign for the lymph nodes. That was the last thing standing in the way of her having cyberknife on the tumor in her lung. Next step, back to making plans to get the show on the road....We are so elated. I will keep you updated in the NSCLC thread.... I need to update her info on my profile and I will get to that soon. Each patient has their own story to tell and mom's has a lot of interesting twists and turns , some that may be of interest to other cancer patients. For right now, we are celebrating the moment. Mom is convinced that the prayers and support, she has gotten from others, has gotten her where she is today. On her behalf and for all of the family , we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Hugs,

Sue