Dodged the bullet!

jaminkw

Negative central mass or adenopathy. Small left pleural effusion. Mild nodularity of the pleural surface on the left is stable. I do not see evidence for progression of desease. Negative dominant peripheral pulmonary mass.

Better yet:

Comparison with the prior PET/CT scan shows...hypermetabolic activty...is significantly less intense, prior maximum SUV is 6.8 versus today's value of 3.7. ....consistent with a significant response to therapy.

I am thrilled. Hoped for stable but was especially concerned about my SUVmax which went from "nondiagnostic" before I started treatment suddenly to 6.8. That almost being cut is half is a thrill. Dr West doesn't think they are beneficial done so often. The last one was apparently early but I was glad they did this one to reassure me.

Definitely doing the happy dance all the way out to dinner with hubby tonight. After wine. Now on to the "morning" Air.

Judy in Key West

Judy, I just knew you were going to get good results! That is such great news. I am also glad you had the test for reasurrance and what great reasurrance!

I will HAPPY DANCE right next to you!!

:mrgreen:

Maryanne :wink: