Hi, it's been a while.

Doughnut

Hi to you all. I haven't been here in the longest time (to post) but I have checked in on you all from time to time.

I doubt many of you will remember me but I've never forgotten the wonderful support that this board gave me when I so badly needed it. It's good to see so many familiar names still active here - Kasey, ShineladySue, Connie, Randy and so many more.

I don't really know why I'm posting today. It's not a special anniversary or anything but it's been over 3 years now since Claire left us and I still miss her, every single day. She's left a hole in our lives that new friends can't fill, her total uniqueness, the way she just got me even if I was talking total nonsense, her honesty (bluntness,?? :lol: ) her kindness. I've been thinking about her a lot lately. I was showing some photos to a couple of newish friends who've never met her and they were like "wow, who's she"? An hour or more later I stopped talking about her but I don't think they were bored - I have stories about Claire that could keep one entertained for days. The fact that she was a dead ringer for a young Sharon Stone always attracted male interest but it was her fantastic personality that ensured everyone ended up loving her long term.

I miss my friend, so very much. I read this particular forum sporadically but sometimes it's too much to bear, so much loss, so much grief. At the time I couldn't face posting anything about Tracy D but Kasey, if you're reading, I'm so sorry. You and Fred have had too much to deal with already.

Well I shall sign off now. Please know that whilst I'm not necessarily always present I think of you all often. My heartfelt admiration continues for Katie and Rick, ably supported by the moderators. I simply don't know how you all manage this - emotionally as well as everything else. I do know though that this board is an amazingly valuable resource and is much appreciated by us all.

Love to you all,

D x

Oh (((Doughnut))), I remember you all to well. And that you read about Tracy just absolutely makes me smile that you even remember her. Wish you could come to US for a vist or that Fred and I could make another trip to UK and meet you, wonderful person. Sometimes it is just a comfort to come here ~ I understand that. I remember Claire and do think of her from time to time, as I do you. Thanks for posting and your sorrow over Tracy. Fred and I are still reeling! You are among the very BEST!

Kasey

Hi Dee,

It's good to hear from you and of course I remember you. Unfortunately, you and I lost people we loved in the very same month . I lost Mike on March 2, 2006 and I just was reading over some of your posts and found out you lost Claire on the 17th of that month. I knew the dates were close. I hope you know you will always be welcome here. There are still a lot of us from back then that come to support others or in my case, I'm now here to support others, as well as to gather support , as my mother goes through her own treatment.

Don't be a stranger and feel free to join in whenever you would like. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Sue