Home Again, Home Again!!

kukla

Whew! After only 6 weeks in acute care and rehab hospitals, Glenn finally came home last Thursday. :D Insurance companies are always on my dirty word list. He was supposed to be there until this week but insurance kicked him out. We are working it out though, lots of work be he is sooo happy to be back where he belongs!

Overall he is doing great. Had a bit of a scare yesterday. His new meds were causing him to get really sick and we were worried he'd dehydrate but he didn't. We have a new aide, who is here 4 days a week so I can work and she is awesome. She takes really good care of him, pushes him a little so he does a little more every day. And she is helping me rehab my dog Dizzy for those of you who know my saga.

And the best news is that our Onc went back and double checked the results of the PET scan with the radiologist. It's really true, he is showing improvement everywhere. :D

Glenn is really weak now, needs a walker, home health PT and he's developed a swallowing disorder, but it's all managable with the good news that the cancer is getting knocked back. Dr. West gave me some great info on maintenance therapy, and our onc agrees that we can wait so Glenn can get better. He has a chemo vacation for 2-3 weeks and doesn't need a CT scan for 3 months.

Today is a good day in central Virginia!