Missing my wonderful husband

Linda74

It will soon be 8 months since my wonderful husband succumbed to this insidious disease....4 months from diagnosis. Today, in cleaning out a drawer, I found the report from his first catscan.....which was compared to the x-ray taken in the hospital 3 weeks before. I guess during the last 8 months I have replayed over and over, what if....you know what if he checked this out or that out....he did complain a year earlier of pain in his sides but the doctor dismissed it as muscle strain....and then almost two months were wasted with a faulty diagnosis of sciatica...anyway as I read that report, I realized that that awful beast was ravaging his body and had spread everywhere..and there was no chance......it was unbeatable. I haven't been here in a while and it just pains me to see all of the new postings.....It is encouraging to read the stories of those who have survived but so damned discouraging to hear so little about this disease in the news and know how much it has to be stopped....anyway, just ranting I guess...it will soon be one year from the day of diagnosis, the day our lives changed forever....I am trying to crawl out of the abyss. His passing was much too soon....we had so much more to do together...

For spouses grieveing, I highly recommend the widownet board..

www.widownet.org

It has been a lifesaver for me.

Thanks to all of you for being here. I know what a comfort this board was especially at 3AM when I could not sleep.