Sue SHINES at over 5k Posts!!

KatieB

Just wanted to take a moment to congratulate "Shineladysue"

Sue has been a member of LCSC since June 2004 and has gone over 5,000 posts (5050)

Sue,

you are a wonderful friend and support to so many of us here. You were a fierce caregiver and advocate for your husband and now your mother. We are so lucky to have you as a member here!

CONGRATULATIONS!! most of all, THANK YOU!!

xoxo

How is it that I missed this? I have to tell you it has really touched me to be recognized. Thank you Katie and friends. For many reasons , I've not been able to physically or financially help the cause of lung cancer, but I can assure you that my heart and prayers go out to all of you. Wish I had more to offer. I offer you my friendship, my prayers and to be here for all of our members who would like someone to write to or even talk to, but I don't have a calling plan.

It's good to see so many of you on Facebook , as well. This board is and should remain focused on lung cancer issues, although we cut up a bit in "Just for fun".. lol It's nice to also have Facebook as a place to further promote the support and news in lung cancer as well as provide a place to learn more about the members and their lives beyond lung cancer.

I supported and cared for my husband for 5 years until he lost his battle in March of 2006 and in 2007 my Mom was diagnosed. My sister "joneslady56" lives at home with my mom and dad and she is their caregiver. I live just 5 miles away and , being the close family we are, I am a part of everything that happens with my mom .

Got carried away about me, but wanted to let everyone know what has brought me here. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for this wonderful place. Katie, thank you for recognizing me.. you are a special lady.. Thank you all.

Love,

Sue

Congratulations Sis!

It makes me so proud to see all the lives you have touched over the years , with Mike and now Mom. I know I'm not much of an active member here but I do read and just want you all to know how much I appreciate all the prayers for our mom... Congratulations again Sis!

Love you,

Bonnie