H1N1 virus (swine flu) vaccine?

ChristinaMarie

I am just wondering if anyone here is considering getting this vaccine. We got the regular flu shot last year and will probably do it again this year, and the Oncologist is recommending the swine flu vaccine when its available for my husband. If you are getting the vaccine, will your spouse receive it also (or vice versa if you are the caregiver)?

I thought about that myself. But as far as my husband getting one I'm concerned because every single time he's had the flu shot over the past 25 yrs he ended up getting the flu from the shot itself. Asking Dr. West is an excellent idea.

I asked Dr. West about this subject and he says he currently does not have any recommendations regarding this. He says he will ask someone from the infectious disease dept and hopefully get back to me. When he does I will update everyone on this question.

I would suspect that based on the fact that cancer is an attack on the immune system its a great idea for both in the house to be protected. If one gets sick the other one would not be able to get near them.