Cleveland Clinic Double Blind Study needs 8,000 participants

KatieB

link to a study Cleveland Clinic is doing on lung cancer.

The study is looking for 8,000 participants who are current or former smokers, aged 40 to 75.

They must not have been treated for lung cancer in the last five years. People with emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or those with a family member with a history of lung cancer, are also eligible for the study.

Participation requires two office visits to a Cleveland Clinic facility in the first 12 months and completing questionnaires every six months for a period of two years.

There is no cost to the participant or insurance for the X-rays that may be received during the study.

This is a "double-blind" study, meaning participants will not know if they received an X-ray or not.

For more information, call (216) 636-1858 or toll-free (866) 505-LUNG.

The url is:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.a ... yid=117549

I am a patient at the Cleveland Clinc. I will ask Dr. Pennel about this on my next visit.

Thanks, Katie. Don't know if they will accept me since I am already on a clinical trial for an approved Alzheimers drug to see if this helps with congintion following WBR but it won't hurt to try.

Hugs - Patti B.