OK, not LC good news, but health related

Nick C

I'm not dieting, this has been a change for health purposes. The weightloss is a byproduct.

It's actually been easier than I thought.

5 meals a day at least (sometime 6)

5 servings of fruits and veg a day (and expanding into veg I never thought I'd eat like kale).

3 servings of whole grains (and avoid refined as much as possible)

no more than 2 servings of red meat per week

No more than 1 serving of processed meat (ham bacon pepperoni) per week.

No more than 7 drinks a week. (I usually shake out around 6)

No empty calories (soda out, high cal starbucks out)

If I want Chinese or pizza, its OK, I do it...but I don't eat like it is my last meal. I can have one slice and a salad (not half the pie like I used to)...or one entre and one app split with Keri...not the whole thing myself.

Night time, I drink tea...keeps me from binging for some reason.

Finally, I am trying to stay away from anything from the middle of the grocery store...especially anything in a box...(excpt whole wheat pasta).

And I do 20 min cardio and 20 minutes weights 4-5 times a week. (and I mow my lawn and garden, so that helps too).

That's it. When you eat all the fruit veg and whole grains...there isn't much room for other stuff...I find without all the red meats and white bread I don't crave as much cheese either...weird.

Good for you, Nick. I don't know if I could stick to that diet or not......especially the kale :cry::cry:

I have been eating lots more fruits and veggies lately myself because of the decadron weight gain. I have become addicted to fresh pineapple!!! YUM!!!! We have a place where they cut up fresh pineapple in chunks and I eat a bowl of it every night!!! And they have the best sweet corn!!

Bottom line, I just love to eat!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Patti B...I will grill my pineapple...its so tasty!!! and I will do that with a piece of chicken and a salad of kale in the food processor combined with some rasins sunflower seeds lemon juice sea salt and olive oil...better than you'd think.

Calintay...I started right after easter...so about 5 1/2 months? So its been slow. But it's supposed to be.

But it is definitely not a diet. This is the eating now...had a burger at a cook out on Sunday, but when there is free bagels at work...I don't bite..If i'm gonna take in the calories, thier going to be REALLY good.

The way to make it work is to find tasty veggie recipes. Look up vegtetable giambotta for example (it's a rachael ray recipe) I had it tonight. It's delish!

Oh and Patti, if you are coming off the decadron, I'm sure your appetite will normalize (you're super hungry right?) and i'm also guessing yo might be retaining a little fluid, and that will go away too...so you won't have to go to the extremes of Kale.

Nick-

Grilled pineapple sounds yummy - will have to try that!!!!

My mom used to make kale and Dad said, if mom made it, you had to eat it. Now, I love spinach but kale just doesn't get it for me.

Since I am not sleeping well, I have been watching some cooking shows on PBS and I really want to try a few. Just hope my NIck doesn't turn his nose up at them.

Hugs - Patti B.