Anyone heard from SandraL?

fillise

well I have known people who have gone to nursing homes for rehab then home!! Glad she is ok though and yeah for coming home!!!

Patti,

Thank you for making that call and for letting us know. Sandra needs all of our thoughts and prayers now so that they can get her pain under control.

I have started doing some hospice research for my mom just to be prepared and I found one in her city that allows admittance for pain management so the patient can continue chemo and radiation while in hospice. Maybe that is similar to what Sandra is doing.

Hopefully they can get it under control and she will be home tomorrow.

Susan

Patti - thank you SO much for the update. I have been checking in several times a day to see if there is any word on dear Sandra. I know that in Alberta they do have the option of temporary hospice care for pain management and I am guessing that it is the same in BC. I am happy that the pain will be relieved for her - it has been going on far too long.

Sandra - many prayers for you and your family. You have been missed here - one of the brightest stars in my eyes.

((((Sandra))))

Warm hugs,

Linda

Hi again-

I spoke with Pat again today - unfortunately Sandra was unable to come home as planned as she developed a blood clot in her lung. They are keeping her there to treat it and at this point, Pat does not know when she will be allowed to come home.

I guess it was good that she was there in a medical facility when this happened.

Pat told me to call again on Monday to see if shes home yet or not.

My prayers for her continue.

Hugs - Patti B.

Prayers from the deepest part of my heart for you Sandra!!!!

My goodness, I HATE this!

Sandra was one of the very first people who welcomed me when I came here. We actually only live about 2 hours apart, she is in Victoria and I'm in Parksville. We almost managed to meet last summer, but missed eachother :(

I'm not here much because at the moment we are very much enjoying time with NED....but my heart is here, and I do check in now and then. I just feel so terrible. I have this strange sense of guilt..that Mom is doing so well at the moment. I know that Sandra wouldn't want me to feel this way, but it is what it is.

I'm sending LOVE, and my deepest prayers, for comfort, for healing and for peace.

With all my heart,

Linda

Patti,

Thank you so much for the updating on Sandra. You are the best. It is very much appreciated. I am sorry to learn that she has a PE :( , but as you have noted, it's better that she was where she could be treated for it. My prayers continue for her that she may be able to come home to her family soon.

Barbara

Dear Patti,

I am so very happy to hear you reached Patrick and that your conversation with him went well. I know you mentioned the frist two didn't seem to go so well. I am very glad it all worked out. As I mentioned, sometimes we just don't know how far we should push ourselves onto family members that don't know us. It all worked well. :wink:

I'm very happy to see she is doing well and I too am happy she was in the hospital having a blood clot. God is watching over her. As are all her dear friends are.

Sending Get Well Wishes to Sandra!!!