Newbie......kinda

Cindylou

Welcome, Cindy. Can you share a bit more about your disease? Type, stage, etc.?

Let us know what we can do for you, you'll find tons of support and a bright glimmer of hope on this site. It sure was a godsend when I stumbled in, six years ago...

I'm sorry you had the need to find us, but glad you did.

Becky

Welcome to the group, Cindy. One thing you might want to do, which will save you some repetitive typing every time you post, is to put a summary in your profile/signature block. Click on Profile above, scroll down to the Signature block, enter/update your information, scroll down further, ensure Always attach my signature is marked Yes, and click Submit at the very bottom. From now on, your profile will attach to every message you send.

Also, may I suggest that you visit cancergrace.org (GRACE — Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). GRACE is led by Dr. Howard "Jack" West, a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions online. A lot of us are "dual citizens" and have the same usernames there as here. Aloha,

Ned

Hi Cindy. Welcome. We'd love to hear more of your story.

You don't say where in Texas you are. I live in Crowley. If you're in the DFW area, please consider joining us at our in person lung cancer support group which meets in Trophy Club the last Monday of every month (that's this coming Monday). You can find more info here.

Ask, cry, scream, laugh! It's all good here!

Echoing Dana. Jump right in wherever you can Cindy. I promise any awkwardness will fade away quickly. I never believed I would be part of a online group and here I am almost two years later with a wonderful supportive family.

Looking forward to hearing from you more.

Judy in Key West

Thanks for the warm welcome! I know I'll learn alot here :)

Let's see I was dx in March 08 Stage 4. It had met'd to my lower spine.

Non-operable in lung and back. Bummer lol

I had radiation on my back right away, and I've been doing chemo for a year and a half. Still doing chemo every Tuesday.

I began with Taxotere, Carboplatin, Zometa and then after a few months they added Avastin. My last three Petscans have me in clinical remission!!! My last one (Sept 16th) did show some activity and uptake in my lung, but we are hopeful that isn't necessarily cancer.

Like I said I get chemo every Tuesday, I work full time and I'm doing really good. I will add the stuff to my profile when I get a chance.

I don't mind answering anything about my travels through this cancer doodad the last year and half. I have met some wonderful people, and my chemo nurse has become one of my best friends. We hang out alot, just for fun!

I'm anxious to get to know all of you and learn about you, and tell you that I'm still here, with LOTS of hope and doing great :)

Cindy

Van Alstyne, Texas