Test results not good

beckyg

I had a CT scan on Monday, and got the results late yesterday afternoon. The good news is that my Iressa rash is going to have a chance ot heal, but the bad news is that reason is that Iressa is no longer doing me any good. The doctor said that my primary tumor in my right lung looked "thicker" and that there are two "black-eyed pea sized" nodules in my left lung that were not there in October. He is sending me back to MD Anderson to see about getting into a trial--he has more things he could try inthe office here, but said there was nothing he was excited about, and if I want to do a trial, I should do it before doing more traditional chemo.

I'll keep you all posted as we proceed from here. Hopefully I'll hear from Anderson quickly and we can get going again.

Becky

Hey Girl,

How was your Christmas? Christmas is so much fun when you have a little one the age of your angel. I love the picture you have posted of the two of you together.

Becky, I am glad your doctor referred you back to MDA. I have a nodule in my other lung which the doctor has been wathcing. I am praying that your nodules are benign. How has the breathing and coughing been going? Praying for an effective treatment and cure.

Cheryl

Hi Becky;

So sorry to hear the Iressa failed, but MD Anderson is one of the top Cancer centers in the world. I'll be praying they find something that works for ya. I know the waiting and worring sucks but hang in there!!

God bless, be well, and your in my prayers!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

(((((((((Becky))))))))))))

Sorry to hear.

Clinical trials can be GREAT things!!!

This is an exciting time to be alive in the age of molecular medicine.

Especially if you have cancer.

Remember, MIRACLES HAPPEN!! And what better time of year to receive such a blessing....

Hope that MDA has some kick butt new therapy that is just right for you.

Have Faith, and Believe....

They wrote me off as good as dead, and I'm still here almost 4 years later. I too have children young enough to really need me. Kept me believing and going, one foot after another.

You are in my prayers.

Chin up.

Love,

MaryAnn

hi becky,

i'm truly sorry to hear about your latest test results. know that you are in my daily prayers. remember to always keep your optimism. a positive mind is one of the strongest weapons you can have against this disease. i admire you for your strength and the kind words you have said in all of your responses. please know that you too are in our thoughts.

take care,

mj

Oh my God you are too damn young, we have got to find a way to get you well!! Under go a review at MD anderson, and saty with them, they are one of the top ten cancer centers in the country...if anyone can save you they can! They have so much there! Ask about a drug called CPT-11 when you go.

Let me know what happens...and pray....

Hopeful,

Jonathan

Oh my God you are too damn young, we have got to find a way to get you well!! Under go a review at MD anderson, and saty with them, they are one of the top ten cancer centers in the country...if anyone can save you they can! They have so much there! Ask about a drug called CPT-11 when you go.

Let me know what happens...and pray....

Hopeful,

Jonathan