Test results not good

beckyg

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am still playing the waiting game--it seems that doctors take vacation at this time of year too--go figure! :wink: Curtis is planning to call MDA again today to see what the story is--I was at least supposed to hear back from my doctor's nurse about scheduling an appointment for next week.

Right now I am feeling pretty down. Not so much because of the CT scan last week, though that is part of it. But I have been coughing hard for over two months now, and I am exhausted. My ribs hurt; the coughing has made my breathing worse, so I am back on oxygen most of the time; the pain in my side and back has driven me to using Vicodin every 6 hours, and that really isn't enough. And I am sweating pretty much all the time--don't know what that's about; I am not running a fever anymore, but I am freezing my family out of the house and car, and my hair stays wet anyway!

A few days ago we heard someone talking about "Where did 2003 go? It's hard to believe it is already over." Curtis and i looked at each other thinking that 2003 was the longest year of our lives--it seems like a lifetime ago that it was 2002. I feel lucky to have survived all the way to 2004. In three weeks I get to celebrate one year after diagnosis with this beast.

Becky

Becky, I am really pulling for you. I know how hard you are fighting and wish you all the success in finding the right doctors, the right tools, the right medications... one step at a time. You are so strong and such an inspiration. The picture of you and your little girl is so touching. I wish you the best.

Becky,

Like you I have a very bad cough. My hospice nurse got me some cough medicine that realy works. Stops the cough completely and does not have the usual "spaced out" side effects. And it works for 8 solid hours so I get a good nights sleep. Its called Benzonatate Perls. The "brand" name for it is Tesselon Perls. Might want to ask your Dr. about it.

Dean

Dean Carl,

You got Curtis all excited about the cough medicine. Unfortunately, that's the one I am already taking. It works great when the cough is dry, but for the last two months the problem has been thick mucus that I have to cough up. Robitussin does as good a job as anything else, and that's not great. But I can report that after a week of antibiotics, it is a little better--now I mostly just cough when I exert myself.

Becky

Becky,

I'm glad to hear your doing a bit better. I know how much a pain in the side that can be. And I mean that literaly. For awhile it seemed I was pulling a muscle in my side about every day or so. I'd start coughing for a few minutes and all of a sudden .... BING ... and I wouldn't be able to stand streight up for a couple of days. Luckily for me the Tesslon Perls did the trick. Hopefuly that cough will go away soon.

Dean

Today is the first day I put my dad's LC story on here and suddenly found you. We returned from my dad doing RFA 5 days before Christmas! It truly was a God send for us! No problems from it and the plus is he still can have quality life, unlike his horrible days and weeks of chemo. Dr. Jason Williams performed the procedure and he uses a needle with heat that at 200 degrees destroys those nasty tumor cells! He's thorough and informative and his nurse Jean is wonderful in encouraging and listening to you as you even decide over the phone if this is the route you want to take. My dad was given at most 6 months. With this procedure and God-willing no mets Dad may have much, much more time! I will keep you in my prayers.

DEE