Monday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Hot hot hot and sunny in Key West today. I went out to feed the birds but don't know what my hubby did with the seed. Got sucked into the orchid room instead. Spent a considerable time climbing up and down on the ladder moving the blooming babies near the window where I can see them from my living room. Was soaked by the time I got back in, and that was only between 8 and 9 am. No work outside this afternoon.

Lily, I got such a kick out of your comments about feeling like a woman again. How great is that! You have talked about cooking for a neighbor and son but I never noticed the "his." As soon as I read it was a man, I thought oh yes Lily, I bet you do enjoy cooking for them LOL.

I've been thinking about the morning Air lately and whether or not to continue it. I went on facebook this morning and realized many of our member are socializing there now. I'm not really "into" facebook yet and am reluctant to start. Part of my effort to make a life here in KW since I retired has been the intent (decision made during this last trip) not to get sucked into the computer so much. I already have a mailbox full of email that's been gathering, much of it received while still in NJ. I've decided that the operative word is "many" not "all" of our members are on facebook. So as long as a few people continue to respond to the Air, I'm hanging out/in here.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Good morning Judy

Yes I have several invitaions to facebook but never signed up yet. Retirement for me has been deciding what to do and what to put off because I am so busy all of the time.

One more day in the 90s after 100s most of the week and then finally 70s tomorrow. I can't wait.

Today we start getting things together for our anual sale. We clean our houses and put out anything we not longer want or use except for clothes. That money helps with a lot of our events through the year. Seems like lately though I have been doing most of the work for everything. I tend to volunteer and get a little cranky when I see that I am taken advantage of.

Still it is something I love to do. One of my neighbors who moved down to Auburn several months ago is coming today to spend a couple of weeks with us. She is such a great person I am relly looking forward to her visit. I plan on making her a jambalya while she is here. She loves that.

My dinner was great but didn't quite go the way I had hoped. The food came out really good but I ended up eating with the son and not his dad. They were supposed to both come last night then something else important came up. They both were upset to disapoint me but sometimes it can't be helped. Anyway I really like them both and the younger son who lives in Oregon. Too bad he is younger than me. I just have to settle for being friends but a girl came dream anyway :oops:

I am not a facebook fan myself, although I do have a facebook account. I really only use it to keep up with my cousins and such. I also have a my space page, which I don't update as much as I should. Oh, and I have a caring bridge page, which I haven't update since before I went in the hospital in June. I'm not much on keeping things updated, lol.

The weather here in NTX is nice and cool....still 76 out at 10:48....with a good northeast wind. Such a nice change of pace.

Now that the rain has stopped and the yard is not so muddy, I am finally going to try and get to the floor in the kitchen and dinning room. Other than that I am going to veg out and play games on the computer.

I hope all of ya'll have a nice day.

Dawn

That's where I'm coming from Lily--trying to decide what to do with my time and energy for as long as it lasts. Right now most of it is going to getting the coach unloaded and the house reorganized. I've also been on the phone a lot today: Finally making an appointment with an eye doctor for this thing that has reoccured yet again; locating flu and pneumonia shots(did anyone know you only get the pneumonia shot once every five years?); finding out my backup plan for infusions won't work, the hospital in mind doesn't do chemo; confirming there are water aerobics at the community college, the days and times so flexible there is no excuse. Whew, that was a lot of time on the phone.

Dawn, I am envying that 76 degree temp. Did I occasionally complain of being chilly up north. If so I am so so sorry for that. I'm sitting tight in the AC this afternoon but tomorrow will be in and out of it all day. Not looking forward to that.

Enjoy the remainder of your day all.

Judy in Key West

I have mixed feelings about Facebook myself. A couple of times I've been about ready to dump it, but then I get a friend query from someone I know one way or another, and don't feel right about rejecting the request. A good number of prominent people advertise their Facebook pages, so maybe I'll check some of them and see if they're doing anything different. As a related example, I'm subscribed to Queen Rania of Jordan's YouTube channel and find it fascinating. It doesn't hurt that she's quite a looker!

Ned

I finally got around to joining Facebook when Jerrold Dash, a local survivor and double lung transplant recipient, invited me. I really don't post much there, but now have so much family and so many lung cancer and cycling friends there that I check on everyone pretty much every day.