He's back in again :(

michellep

Had to take hubby to the ER early this morning. The pneumonia has been getting worse. The doc said that it's very bad and then he admitted him in "guarded condition". He's in the critical care unit. He had been treated for bacterial and not fungal for so long that it just continued to fill his lungs. Probably won't be around much for the next few days, but I'll be in touch when I can. Please send more prayers?

I can't say how I am right now because I don't even know myself.

((((((Michelle)))))

I know all this sucks but you had mentioned how many antibiotics he is on. Maybe they can get that straigthened out - I would worry that all those drugs would make you sick!!! Antibiotics can be very hard on your system.

Will be thinking of both of you and praying for a fast recovery!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Michelle, I'm sorry I missed this posting earlier. But I wanted to add my prayers to those already going up.

I pray for your dear hubby, that he get better soon, and that doctors can help him regain his strength and health. I am also saying lots of prayers for you too to have the strength and comfort you need through all of this as well.

God Bless

I've slept at the hospital for the last few days and finally came home for a well needed shower and sleep :cry: He's been declining and his O2 fell yesterday to 62 just from trying to go into the bedside commode. They put him on a special 02 mask and set it to #10. Then a group of people came running in and said he was being moved to another room. ???? It was all rush rush and when we arrived (within seconds) they told me that they did a "nasal swab" and it looked like he had the swine flu. I don''t believe that....there are NO flu symptoms! I'm just as a total loss. I can't even call anyone because I just "know" that I can't get those words past my lips.

I'm meeting with a hospice nurse at the hospital in the morning. I desperately need some help. I can't lift him....he's too heavy for me. I'm hoping that if I bring them in that I will be able to do the IV infusions myself. I'm told hospice won't do that. And then....there will of course be the insurance issue. I'm also heard that you can go in and out of hospice at anytime.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and prayers. I'll let you know what happens when I can.

Michelle, I don't usually check in late anymore but am glad I did tonight. My dear, I just don't know how you do it but it seems you continue to roll with it all. What next is what you must be thinking. I want to tell you that I do recall that a news item I saw on TV recently about swine flu testing cited a problem with a significant number of false positives. Without any symptoms, I'm hoping that's what's going on here. I am glad you are home getting some good rest. Let us know when you can how things are working out with hospice. You certainly do need help. Take care.

Judy in Key West

When I arrived at the hospital this morning I was surrounded by a team of doctors and hospice. They said the swine flu was negative. I'm happy about that because he's suffered enough. They also said that the location of the tumor is slowing cutting off his ability to breath. They have him set on # 10. They gave ma a choice of a long term facility or hospice. I chose hospice because of that awful facility we have here. Hospice says that since I am the sole caretaker that they will be here 7 days a week. (we'll see, right)

They are sending him home tomorrow by ambulance since I don't have the ability to set O2 that high.

Never thought I would have to accept this. I have been telling myself all thru this process that there's still hope. Well, hope is gone now.

Can't type anymore thru these tears, but thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and support. You all mean so much to me.