Been Away for Awhile

Katy66

Hi Everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I see some new faces, welcome even though I wish you didn't have to be here.

My husband has two more rounds of chemo before they are going to give him a break. He has been SO SICK though I'm not sure he is going to be willing to go through the rest of the treatment. Had a CT last week and will get results when we see MD on Tuesday. He just continues to get weaker and weaker. Lots of issues with anemia and coughing. He has had two bouts of pneumonia and I'm not so sure that another isn't starting now.

My dear daughter is hanging in there although she is having a few problems adjusting at school. hard to tell if it is her Dad or just 1st grade + her personality:) Her teacher and counselor are wonderful and we wil get through this.

For me, I'm exhausted. My day starts at 5am and ends at 10pm. I'm still working full time and all the caregiving that goes with this diagnosis. Thankfully he can still stay by himself during the day...although I worry. He just moved to LTD so I've had the pleasure of completing the SSD application which is required by his LTD company. We will COBRA his insurance beginning next week. That SSD app is a joke. You tell them that you are going to an Oncologist and it asks what for, well what the heck do you think you are going there for an ingrown toenail? Sorry, I'm just finished it today and I'm over it!

Hang in there everyone! Hugs and prayers to you all!