Now that we got Tom all settled.../Updated 11/13/09

This is my written report I received today.

Comparison to previous study 2/26/09, 3/4/09 & 4/6/09.

Mammogram with CAD

There is a focal parenchymal asymmetry in the right upper outer quadrant corresponding to the area of breast pain. There is also an ill-defined nodular density in the right upper outer quadrant inferior to the area of discomfort. Because symptoms have become worse in the interval, surgical consultation is recommended. No suspicious masses are seen in the left breast.

Right Breast Ultrasound

There is a heterogeneous mass corresponding to the area of right breast pain in the 10 o’clock position. This is new since the previous study and was not apparent on the previous BSGI scan. The lesion measures 1.9cm in maximum diameter and contains solid and cystic components.

BI-RADS:4 Suspicious Abnormality

What do you make of that crap? My biopsy will be on Tuesday afternoon.

I am going to try to enjoy my weekend now.

Denise

Denise, I'm sorry I don't understand the words in the reports. All I know is I don't want to believe the worst until they say it in words. I've had two tumors removed over the years, one on my back and one in my breast. Both were benign. I also had tumors in my uterous, all benign fibroids. So, let's wait on that biopsy--all of us together. Enjoy the weekend.

Judy in Key West

Denise,

I have had the experience of having a mammogram come back with a "suspicious" node. That was about twelve years ago. They took a biopsy and it was benign. (It was in my right breast, and that breast had always been "painful.")

Since my kid sister had already been diagnosed with breast cancer, I was very concerned. I have a history of fibroids, as well. Try not to preempt.

I know - easier said than done.

Barbara