Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Key West is famous for it's power outages and we had one in the wee hours of the morning. This morning my internet is working one minute, not responding the next so I'll make this quick. If it let's me stay on longer, that'll be good.

Did the dentist thing yesterday. Don't think she'll like me so much anymore. I told her a friend (JanetB) said she thought dentist's just liked to think up tortures (the rubber dam) for us. I also told her we both take Ativan for the procedure. Hey, they need to know! Besides, hopefully I won't see her for awhile lol.

It's back to warm sunny weather in KW after an overcast day yesterday. It's 83 right now at 9 am so hope it doesn't get too hot.

I fell asleep on the couch between 7 and 8 pm and slept through the night just getting up a couple of times to pee. I'm hoping my hubby and I can make the Tropic theatre for the new Michael Moore movie. He was up in the wee hours when the power went off but went back to sleep sometime. There's a 2:30 pm showing for chemo patients who can't stay awake at night lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Good morning Judy. I am very familiar to those early I can't go back to sleep mornings. I am sorry that the dentist apointment came up but proud of you for telling her what you think.

The weather here is cold this morning but due to get up to the 70s today. I have the morning clear so I will try to get a lttle house work done. I just can't seem to stay on track lately.

The party yesterday was alright, at least alright for a bunch of old people. I work so hard for those things , then feel so out of place while they are going on. Don't get me wrong dispite all of their sometimes selfish and prudish ways I do love my neighbors. I just wish that fun meant more to them than a quick meal a few words and then back to their own apartments. I work for hours and it is over in an hour or a lttle more.

I was kind of let down for a few reasons but I guess like always I just need to pick myself up and start again. I did post a few pictures on Facebook.

If you look at the one I took outside durinig the fire drill you will see Terry. He is the good looking guy in the check jacket facing the camera while talking to a neighbor. I am still wrestleing with those feelings and not sure what the outcome will be. Wouldn't you know that the first time I let my guard down I would let someone into my heart who has just as many do not enter signs on his heart as I do mine. At least it keeps us both guessing all of the time :!:

No more news on my car. I am just waiting and hoping. Maybe today will be a better day for all of us. Please again remember Marisa in your prayers and have a great day.

Hi everyone! Well, I took those new meds and went to sleep early last night. Then I heard a BIG crash in the kitchen....went running in there and my son had been cooking bacon. Somehow.....don't really understand it, but he dropped the skillet and there was bacon grease ALL over my kitchen. Not just a little bit....a LOT. So, that kept me busy for awhile....especially the sliding around the floor and trying not to fall! I didn't even get mad......must have been those silly new meds ya think?

I haven't been outside this morning, but it looks like it's going to be a nice day. I still haven't used my birthday gift card yet, so maybe I'll fix myself up and get out of the house.

I might have to stop at the grocery store BUT I'm not buying any bacon that's for sure! :roll:

Well, Judy, I'm glad to see that KW has a nice 83 degrees because your neighbor to the north (that would be me) is suffering with this 90 degree heat today!!! It's like walking into an oven when you go outside. We are supposed to have a cold front move in on Sunday and the temperature is supposed to drop to 83...wow!!! I have been so looking forward to days with temperatures in the 70's but it looks like those days may not come until January.

Sorry that I haven't been posting much for the last couple of weeks but my life has been in a tailspin. I think you may know that my best friend from high school came to spend last weekend with me. We hadn't seen each other in 41 long years and it was a wonderful reunion! We had a great time and all that was missing was more time together. She has been caring for her 87 year old mother, who has Alzheimer's disease, for the past 6 years. Hospice was able to care for her Mom in their facility while she was here. Unfortunately, when she called from the Atlanta Airport Sunday morning, she was told her Mom had taken a turn for the worst. She passed away on Tuesday morning. I feel so helpless being so far away but I have been trying to comfort her over the phone.

I promise to get all caught up and start back the GTKY posts on Monday. In the meantime, I'm so glad it's going to be Friday tomorrow and although that's always my favorite day of the week, I really need this one.

Ann

O.k. Randy, listen up, you're behind the times. This is my late friend Jim. If you want the story, you'll have to go to Michelle's Caregiver's, Let's Start a Memory Thread. It's Fantasy Fest in Key West so he's here until Sunday morning. Sorry guys.

Judy in Key West