It's that time again

jaminkw

I've mentioned my scans as a sideline in a couple of other forums but don't want to lose out on any prayers or healing thoughts so I'm putting it out here where it should be. So please, keep me in your prayers and/or thoughts tomorrow for my three-month scan. Results will be on Thurs and I will be sure to post the results.

I'm feeling really positive about these scans because I've been feeling pretty well. Of course, that scares me because I've been wrong before!

Judy in Key West

Best to you, Judy, as always!

I'll be getting the results of my most recent scan today. Though I haven't mentioned it on the board, I do have the CD which I brought home with me last week. To my uneducated eye there is only slight change from the scan in August, about the same amount that August changed in comparison to May. Of course if there's something new that wasn't mentioned in August, I would have missed it entirely. I'll post later this afternoon. Aloha,

Ned

Ned, I finally got the copies of the scans I asked for today. Needless to say, I have no recent scans to compare it to and can't make out squat from them. May as well not have them. So, I'll wait til Thur but won't like it LOL.

Looking forward to your post.

Judy in Key West

Well, the deed is done. No results but I did get a latte and a black forest pastry lol afterwards. I also finally got copies of the scan's this time. Lot of good they do me. I can't even make out where the lungs are lol. Wish my daughter was here. Well, guess I'll just have to wait for my appmt with the big cheese on Thur. Feels like forever. Don't think I've ever had to wait this long.

Judy in Key West

Judy said:

I also finally got copies of the scan's this time. Lot of good they do me. I can't even make out where the lungs are lol.

On my CDs there's a "Series 4" that seems best and is what all the radiologists refer to in their written reports. The view angle is from the feet toward the head, and the numbered images start just above the top of the lungs and move down to below the lungs, about 60 or so image slices for a CT chest scan. On this view your back is at the bottom of the photo, left lung is on the right, right lung on the left.

Looks like I evalutated my recent scan (October 26) pretty much correctly, since the radiologist found nothing new outside of the chest. There are still multiple small nodules in both lungs, some of which have increased about 1 milimeter in size since August, about the same they had increased between May and August. Since I'm tolerating the Carbo/Alimta okay, with the main side effects being low white and red blood cell and platelet counts and resulting shortness of breath on exertion, we'll stick with the same treatment for now. I got my 14th Alimta infusion today (the last 10 with Carboplatin). We'll do another scan in January, unless something changes between now and then. Overall, the onc and I and the wife are pleased with my status, considering the way things looked in 2006!

Ned