Getting to Know You - Tuesday, Nov 3

Ann

Recall Ann, when you come to my house you will be greated to a great breakfast by my husband, not me. He did something a few years ago when all the kids were here. It was a frenchtoast (thick) and made with challah or some kind of special bread and cooked in butter. The syrup had pecans (sugared I'm sure( in it and the bacon was cooked in maple syrup. I remember that it was awesome. What not to love!

Judy in Key West

Now you're talking. Johnnys favorites so here goes and I am pretty darn good at them too.

Biscuits and gravy with ham steak and home fried potatoes. Home made blueberry pancakes with home made blueberry syrup on the side and just for kicks some scrambled eggs and french toast. Then if you are still not full how about fresh apple sauce.

Now I bet you have all gained weight just thinking and reading about all of these.

I guess waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup would be my favorite breakfast, but I don't eat that often. The usual is oatmeal with honey, cinnamon, and rice milk.

It usually wouldn't be me doing the cooking, either (except for the oatmeal), but with my wife having her surgery on Friday, I'd better find my apron.

I was so hungry when I posted this yesterday and I'm very glad I didn't read all your posts until today. Otherwise, I think I would have blown my diet really big time.

All of your breakfasts sounded so yummy!!!

Judy....I'm ready to head to the Keys right now, so have your hubby on standby!!!

I love breakfast....both cooking and eating. Biscuits and gravy are a definite must!!! I love bacon, crispy, and I love scrambled cheese eggs. I have to confess that I'm a really big fan of Waffle House cheese eggs. I have a friend here that also loves their eggs and when she and I want to have a night time breakfast, our husbands hate taking us there. A friend told me the secret to getting the WH eggs is to use Cheese-Whiz to the scrambled eggs!!! I tried it and it's perfect!!!