"Waitin' Room Service":Star/Dr. Armando Lung Love

Barb73

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRel ... RN20091102

PRNewswire:

. . . . . . . . .

WASHINGTON, Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA) announced today that Dr. Armando Lung Love will launch a new public service campaign aimed at creating a broader base of awareness about lung cancer.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20081016/LCALOGO)

Dr. Lung Love, a versatile, multi-genre artist and ardent public health crusader, will star in "Waitin' Room Service" which is being launched today.

"I couldn't stand in the shadows anymore," said Dr. Lung Love. "I've seen too many people I know come down with lung cancer so I talked to my crew and we put this video together to help with Lung Cancer Awareness Month."

"The statistics just blew my mind," he said. "Lung cancer is a bigger killer than all those other big cancers you hear so much about put together -- and no one even talks about it."

"If any other cancer or some virus killed over 3,000 people a week there'd be a state of emergency declared. But with lung cancer, man, it's like it's all the patient's fault so why bother," Dr. Lung Love said.

"Well I'm here to say the blame game is up," he said, adding that people are not aware of who is at risk.

Two out of three new cases of lung cancer are being diagnosed now in people who never smoked or who already quit.

"Things are gonna change. Dr. Lung Love is here now," he said.

Lung cancer takes more lives each year than colon, breast and prostate cancers combined yet receives only a small fraction of their federal research funding.

The survival rates for colon, breast and prostate cancer are now 67% 89% and 99% respectively. Lung cancer's survival rate is still only 15%.

For more information on Dr. Armando Lung Love and to view the PSA, please visit www.lunglove.com.

Lung Cancer Alliance (www.lungcanceralliance.org) is the only national non-profit organization solely dedicated to patient support and advocacy for

the lung cancer community. LCA's mission is to lead the movement to reverse decades of stigma and neglect by empowering those with or at risk for the

disease, elevating awareness and changing health policy.

. . . . . . . . .

(LungCancerAlliance.org, Source: Lung Cancer Alliance, Kay Cofrancesco, November 2, 2009)

Disclaimer:

The information contained in these articles may or may not be in agreement with my own opinions. They are not being posted with the intention of being medical advice of any kind.