Not exactly TGIF - 11/11 update

Bud Baker

And it didn't seem much like a Friday. I spent 11 hours at the hospital today. Rose had a bilateral mastectomy and reconstructive surgery.

Both surgeons said everything went fine, but there has been no available room, so Rose is still in recovery, where they'll only allow a 5 minute visit every few hours, so I finally came home to tend to the dog and wait for them to give her a room.

She's still a bit groggy and not feeling too frisky this evening, but awake enough to keep asking for ice, and keep a good grip on the morphine pump in her hand.

just make sure when she is supposed to be off morphine she stays off. My Dad had knee surgery ansomeone gave him the pump back after Doc said not too and he went downhill REALLY Fast. He is quite ok now though. Hang in there and glad things are going ok right now! Sorry ya had to spend day in hospital and thankful everyone is ok!

Wow Bud!!! I must have missed some news along the way. I knew your Rose was dealing with breat cancer, but did not know about any of this. I am hanging onto that hope that after this initial rocky period Rose will be feeling better and cancer free. Best of luck to both of you and I do apologize I didn't offer support beforehand. I assume you may be missing the Walk tomorrow? If so, don't worry - next year will be time enough to give a great talk.

Tonight - many thoughts and prayers for you both.

Kasey

I just got back home again. They finally got her a room, so I took her things to her. Her sister is spending the night with her. The doctors say she's doing great, and might get to come home Sunday.

I'll be at the walk tomorrow. The hospital is less than two miles from the walk, so I'll be back at the hospital after the walk, and I'm sure some of those on my team will want to visit, too.

Hi Bud! I'm another one that didn't know her surgery was coming up but I'm glad that all went well and she'll be home on Sunday. It's amazing these days how quickly people get to come home after surgery, but she'll be much happier in her own bed then some strange hospital with people poking her every hour.

Please let us know how her recovery is going and I too send prayers!

O.k. Bud, enough people (including me) didn't know about Rose's surgery so I suspect you didn't tell us in advance. I know it's often worse having someone you love facing the knife than to do it yourself. Glad the surgery is behind you both and that Rose recovers in good time. I do understand that her type of surgery often takes some adjustment but I know you'll give her whatever support you can.

Judy in Key West

"jaminkw"]O.k. Bud, enough people (including me) didn't know about Rose's surgery so I suspect you didn't tell us in advance.

LOL, Judy. I would have thought that you, of all people, would have seen it in a forum that you moderate. Go back and re-read this thread in JUST FOR FUN.

Hi Bud,

I was so surprise to read your thread about your Rose. I am so glad she is home and the operation is behind her. I prau for success....

You are a compassioatre care giver and I know she is in the best of hands.

Maryanne

After the surgery, Rose's doctor told us that he found no trace of cancer left. Today, he called to say that all the lymph nodes he took tested cancer free. We're doing the happy dance here.

Bud-

Another one here who missed the original post - sorry!!!

So glad to hear that the surgery went well and REALLY happy all her lymph nodes were clear!!!! My mom had a mastectomy 19 years ago with clear lymph nodes and has been cancer-free ever since!!!!

Keep us posted!!!

Hugs - Patti B.