Calling All Fat Cancer Survivors and Caregivers

Ry

Debi, Ry and all other crazies :lol:

My day has been made with Debi's new pic. I cannot stop laughing even though it has been a very rough day. Isn't there a law against IMPERSONATING. Thanks Debi.

Ry, can't weigh-in at Buddy's doc's office. Don't want Buddy feeling bad when I show gains. :roll:

To all the rest of the crazies here, thanks for being here. I sure needed this laugh today.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Karen C

Honey: I love you, too.

Dave doesn't have a tree house. He does have a travel trailer, though, and if he doesn't behave, I'll make sure he takes his toys and goes to his trailer!

Everyone - it's taken three months of my constant nagging to get Dave to exercise, and just a few day of this diet club string and not only is he eating salads, he's going to the gym!

I laughed out loud reading these posts too - but it's got me fired up, thanks for the motivation!

Karen C.

:twisted:

Holy cow, Debi! What the heck plan are you on - out in the sun to MELT it off?? My fat's about as thick as frozen suet and about as pliable and you can get yours into THAT form?? I guess it's about time to move south.....

Ginny, I'm sure that with a size 2 in Spandex anything is possible...but lordy, passersby beware when the seams go!! :roll:

Carleen, amputation and losing body parts doesn't seem to help...I don't think the darn gall bladder even weighed a pound (AND I had bad timing, I guess, by having it removed before the onset of Ry's Chub Club!). I think chocolate is a good diet, especially a few days a month - keeps the men alive in MY life, anyway! :wink:

Guess I'll tighten my grip on life and loosen the strong fingers of cellulite from my thighs...and hips...and butt...and tummy... DAMN, that's a LOT of prying!

• 3 weeks later...

Arghhhhh!! I am going in the wrong direction! I just got back from Dr's Office and I have gained 7 more pounds! I have gained a total of 19 pounds since starting chemo. The nurse says it is probably water, but I am in dispair! Dr won't let me diet until chemo is done, but I am not eating huge amounts, so what is putting the weight on?

This has to stop! Any advice? help!

Blessings

Betty

Okay this is the word. I weighed in at 131 pounds when I went to the doctor. My last weigh in at the office was 129, I gained another 2 pounds. I talked to the oncologist about going on a diet. Said that I was carrying more weight than I'm used to. Well folks she said no diet that the weight was a good thing. I'm still going to try to lose a little, but no luck so far. Do I actually have to work at it? Duh, maybe thats why I gained more weight. :wink:

I am a complete and utter weight loss failure. But I couldn't help myself.

Keith and I just spent this past weekend in New Orleans, and it is impossible to diet when you are out of town eating at restaurants for every meal, and the food there.... well I don't have to tell you that I couldn't resist.

Needless to say I gained yet another 3 pounds, so in total I am up about 8 pounds since we started this group. :cry:

Carleen, I love New Orleans, I got to go there several times on business, you are forgiven for this month.

One time I was up for 48 hours straight (law firm business ) and told myself I was going to go to Bourban Street for a quick dinner and then back to the motel room. Well, I went into thios restaurant and sat down at the bar, absolutely dead tired, ordered dinner and a beer. I started talking to the bartender and he was an absolute flamer but that does not bother me so was having a good converstaion. Dinner came and he let me have my privacy while I ate. It was THE BEST dinner I have ever had in my life, no lie the food was that good. I started looking around and thought.......mmm..... I don't see any women in here.......mmm......this place is packed........with guys...................OH My God I am in a gay bar/restgaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so tired I really did not care and like I said the food was delicious so I just enjoyed my meal payed my bill and left. Now mind you I had been up for 48 hours and I was going to go straight back to my motel and crash but I went by this bar that had a band playing, this was about 8:00 pm. Well, I thought, I will listen until this set is over and then go back to the motel. Do you know I sat there until 2:00 in the morning listening to that band. The barmaid kept making me buy beers, I was not drinking any because I was so tired but she said if I was going to sit there I had to buy, so I did. That is the story of one of my trips to New Orleans.

David C

David C

Remember, the best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning while your still either in your jammies or even better nekkie after you've been to the bathroom. I've seen up to a 10 lb difference from the weight at a Drs office depending on what shoes I'm wearing.

:)

Is it too late to join??? I know most of you started last month but I really need to get some motivation to drop some weight. I don't know if it is my attempt to squeeze in all the healthier foods on the "cancer fighting" list but it is giving me a problem squeezing into my clothes!! :oops: I think people expect me to be losing weight... but I seem to be gaining it instead.

I just found out something that blew my world apart!!!!!

It's not my fault that I am overweight. Thats right, Dr Cynaumon and Dr. Talbot have identified a hormone that makes you overweight. So don';t dispair. All you have to do is buy these little pills that they make and it will eliminate the hormone and you will loose weight.......now this is not for the casual dieter. But wait!!!! Theres more. If you call within the next 15 minutes you will receive a set of knives which.................................

• 1 month later...

Ok I dug this post out and dusted it off because once again it is weigh in time. Now why didn't I dig out the February weigh in post??? Ummm maybe because half of you putzs didn't weigh in!! So I am reminding you of the original members so everyone can chime in on how they've done.

Ok, me first. I have lost 15 lbs. That's 2 more then my original goal. Now I'm gonna try for just 5 more.... :wink:

Rochelle

Hi Everyone,

I typically don't hang out in the general forum but I did today and wandered upon all your FAT Club posts. I haven't laughed so hard in ages! I myself have gained about 30 lbs since my dads diagnosis this past summer. Last week I joined Weight Watcher's and have been doing well. I think I will join your club if you will have me :-) I ordered a bunch of Girl Scout cookies last month. I have been avoiding picking them up for 2 weeks so the little girl finally brought them to me....ugh! I might have to donate them or better yet bring them to school. Broke college students never pass up free junk food! Best of luck to everyone.

kathi

No Girl Scouts this year, musta missed 'em at Wal-Mart! (Thank you, God!)

AND, I've lost six pounds! Due to an upsurge in February, though, I STILL would like to lose at least 30...wanna wear something slinky to an October wedding...and I don't want it to have to be a Slinky ® around my wrist! LOL

I just read these posts, top to bottom, and laughed a lot. I stopped mid-way and went to eat the 2 monster tacos my husband brought me from a fast-food place that shall remain unnamed. :lol:

I remember a separate set of messages about this in February (?) and I had "signed up," too. Since last summer I'm down 15 pounds, but I'm now stuck -- and this is good motivation.

Like David & Karen said, we've got a family trip planned to Glacier Nat'l Park this summer, and I have to be able to hike! Them's my old stompin' grounds (worked there 4 summers during college) and I will feel like a real loser if I can't even keep up with our parents, who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary there!!! (Yes, they are in better shape than I am. They dance.)

Anyway, in the month or so since "signing up" for the "FCSC" here, I've gone UP a pound and then inched my way down 2 pounds, for a net loss of 1 stinkin' pound. However, I've gone back to working out so there's more muscle there, and my clothes are looser. Shopping with a friend on Saturday, she insisted I try a size smaller skirt, and -- miracle of miracles -- it FIT. First time THAT's happened in years. Still... long ways to go.

For the record, I weigh in every Sunday morning (and Norme, I bought new scales) -- before eating or drinking anything and without a stitch of clothing. I exhale fully before stepping on, too... :lol:

My goal is now to lose 2-3 pounds a month for the next... oh, say... 2 years. But if I have to completely give up chocolate, I give up right now. Sandy, I like what you said -- you have to just "budget" for it. :wink:

Good luck to us all...

BeckyCW

Last September I started WW and by Christmas I had lost 21 lbs. Since then I have gained back 8 lbs. Of my hard work. There is a lot of guilt associated with my weight loss and I have a huge amount to lose. Bill loved me the way I am but I need to love me a little more now so I will try again. I hope I am not too late to sign up. I don't mind being a straggler. Bill has been gone one week today. This is still just a nightmare but everyone keeps saying "take care of yourself" so maybe I will start. I need some sort of a focus or a future or a friend or something. I truly am totally lost. I stopped taking the medication the doctor gave me when Bill died and at least I am not foggy anymore but I feel so totally lost. I will try to get healthy for him.