Bad News

berisa

Here is the update of my dad. Today our whole family met the neuro-surgeon, she explained to us very clearly. She said the risk of death due to the craniotomy is 1%, my dad's partial vision may be permanently affected and the probability is around 5%. The craniotomy will be started at around 8:00am Hong Kong time this Friday morning, that means it is around U.S. time your Thursday night 7:00pm. Please remember him while you have the dinner prayer!! :wink:

I will be praying. I don't want to worry you, but my mom had glucose problems. I think they said it was because the liver mets.

Has your dad had an abdominal CT scan? They should also be able to

check the liver by feeling it to see if it is enlarged, I think.

Guest Karen C

Berisa, I just saw the updates on your Dad. God Bless him and your whole family. I hope the brain surgery goes well and he will be healed.

Karen C.

Hi, John, thank you for your kind advice. :)

For the glucose problem, it was a mistake or misunderstanding by my dad. What injected to my dad was really a steriod, instead of in the form of pills that go directly to him more quickly. My dad feels much better of that injection. My dad actually now is quite confused and easy to forget things.

Today morning, a brain MRI will be done again for head marking. Anyway, we will arrange him to have a PET/CT scan after his recovery from surgery. It is possible to have mets at another places but certainly, i don't want this happen forever and ever...... :!:

Hi dear

The craniotomy was successfully done and the surgeon said they are completely removed (from eye-sight). They are doing the biopsy to confirm the cancer cell type and will have the result one week later for determining any chemo / radiation therapies needed for follow-up treatment.

My dad now is in the process of recovery and he is doing very well. One nurse said my dad is very smart.........He can eat and drink 12 hours later after the surgery. I hope he can fully recover in such a fast pace.

Now I hope there is no other mets within his body. This is what I am praying.

Thank you so much for all your comforts, prayers. This really means a lot to me and my dad. Truly thx...... :lol:

Dear Berisa,

What great news about your dad. I am so very glad to hear he came through his surgery. He's one tough cookie! He's a fighter and I can understand why with a daughter like you at his side. Stay strong and please know I am sending my prayers for a full recovery.

((((((((((((((((((((((BERISA & DAD)))))))))))))))))))))