update on mom

debbie412

my mom is still hanging in there on hospice, but in so much pain. my dad is taking excellent care of her, but does not want to let go. she is mostly in a different world but when they move her to clean her she screams and cries. they think the cancer has spread to the bones and brain. i was able to visit her with my kids up until yesterday. now it is too hard. my 3 year old twins just stare at her and get scared. it is so hard to watch. i wish that god would just stop all of her suffering and take her to a better place. they keep changing her pain meds to get it under control, but i would rather see them put her out. i know she would feel the same way, but my dad wants her to hang on. my sister is coming from florida on saturday and i think she is trying to hang on. today i promised her that nobody is going to move her ever again and that i will take care of my dad. i had just moved into a new house when my mom first came home on hospice, and my mom wanted to see it so bad. at first hospice was against her going anywhere because she is completely numb from the breast down to her feet. my dad and i agreed that it was more important for her to reach her goals than to stop herself from doing anything and we did get her here. it was alot of work but i am so thankful that we got to spend that day all together in my house. i have so many good memories of quality time well spent and do not want to lose her, but this suffering is unbearable to watch. please say a prayer for my mom. i still pray for everybody daily.

Debbie,

I am so sorry your mother is having so much pain. It is hard on you and your father to see her that way I am sure. Do what you can to make her comfortable. Just be with her and I hope your sister gets time with her also. Some hang on until they get that last visit from their family members and maybe that is what she is waiting for.

You are all in my prayers.

Wish you enough,

Much love,

Shirley

Debbie

Your post broke my heart and brought back all the memories of my dad's passing. You can only hang on; I pray that her pain can be brought under control, and that God's grace be shown to her. Sending tender hugs to your, your dad, your children and extended family.

Debbie,

I am so sorry that your mother is going through all this suffering and pain. I am also very sorry that you are suffering emotionally witnessing this. I am praying that God bring your mother peace and comfort. I also will be praying that God grant your family peace of mind. I wish that your mother feel the healing touch of God's hand, and will be a hospice drop-out, but if that is not God's will, I hope that she goes in comfort and with little pain, and that your family be comforted with the knowledge that she will be with them eternally in heart and love, and will be in a place of beauty and joy.

I understand how much you all wish her pain end quickly, but it is possible she is holding on selflessly, knowing that it will ease your sister's heart to see her before she goes home to God.

God Bless,

Carleen

Debbie,

I was sitting in the same place as you about 2 wks ago. My mother went into a beautiful Hospice residence because we just couldn't take care of her at home anymore. Everytime we moved her the pain was unbearable and she also had shortness of breath.

They gave her liquid morphine through her port until her Dr. ordered a pump for her room. They finally got the pain under control but she became almost comatose because of the level of morphine she was on. So we just sat each each day feeling helpless and watched her. It was heart wrenching!! We told her many times that it was okay to let go , but she wouldn't for days. As much as we didn't want her to go, we couldn't stand for her to be around in the state she was in.

We were there for her everyday just holding her hand and letting her know how much we loved her.

Did Hospice put your mom on a pain pump? They should be able to get the pain under control.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I feel your pain.

Kim

Debbie,

I am sorry for your heartache. My prayers are with your family and your mom. Remember hearing is the last sense to close down, so even if she seems out of it, she's most likely hearing you. Talk to her, and say all the things you want to say. It will be good for your sister to visit your mom, too. They will get the pain under control, and she should be comfortable most of the time now.

Bless you all, and God grant you strength at this time of sorrow.

MaryAnn

Debbie,

I pray that your mom finds rest and confort today and all the remaining days that lay ahead. Am pleased that she got to do what she wanted while she could. I am sure she enjoyed the time with you at your new place.

Just keep talking to her and hold her hand, place a chair right next to her and she will find confort with you there. I know what you mean about the 3 yr olds for our granddaughter just turned 3 yesterday and for the last 10 days or so she is keeping her distance from her Pa. she just stares at him at times. One does not know what they are thinking and we must also protect them at the same time.