Can a person die from a broken heart?

michellep

It's only been 7 weeks since my loving husband went on his journey with God. Sometimes when I read posts of people who still feel the raw pain after so many years it really scares me. I think I'd simply die myself of a broken heart. Some days I wonder. :cry:

there are 2 many people here that care about you to let that happen to you!!!!! We aint gonna let you off like that Michelle!!! Don't make me have to come out to fontana and find you!!!! hugs prayers and warm blankets under the stars!!!!

"RandyW"]there are 2 many people here that care about you to let that happen to you!!!!! We aint gonna let you off like that Michelle!!! Don't make me have to come out to fontana and find you!!!! hugs prayers and warm blankets under the stars!!!!

You won't find me in fontana LOL my niece lives there nor me. But it's semi close. Thanks thoug Randy....I consider you a dear friend. Sorry for any typing errors, but Randy Jr. likes to type. LOL

Michelle....there are truly a lot of days in the past 7 years that I have felt like I would die from a broken heart and many of those days, I secretly hoped I would. But, although there will always be an empty place in your heart, that your soulmate once filled, the pain does lessen.

You're at 7 weeks without your husband and I'm at 7 years. I still ache for him but I know he will always be with me and will always be a part of me. He's right here with me, in my heart. I know this is no real consolation right now, as your loss is still so new. Heck, I can't always console myself after 7 years.

But, what I can tell you is that it somehow gets easier. First, you learn how to get through an hour at a time, then a day, a week, a month. Just after I lost Dennis, I started writing letters to him and I kept a journal of those letters. Every year, just about this time, I take out those letters and read them. I amaze myself when I see how depressed and lost I was 7 years ago. Every year, I add a new letter to this collection. I also write when I'm having a bad day or dealing with something I know Dennis could make me feel better about. Somehow, it makes me feel closer to him.

Just remember that we're all here for you and we'll all get through this together.