First Four Month Scan

Annette

So four months after my second surgery I had my first CAT Scan on the 8th. Thought I was holding the scanxiety at bay pretty darn well too. It does creep in - nothing can stop the thoughts even though by comparison I have been very very lucky, or so they say. But this is the first "post" surgery scan - the first check since they said "we got it all - you are one of the lucky ones" After reading some of the posts from members here that I so admire - well it's just nothing but scary. I am thankful for facebook - and a lot of the friends from here that are friends there now - cause boy have I been playing that a lot lately. That can relax your mind trying to keep track of all the different games, friends, gifts, etc. But it doesn't make Tuesday come any faster (the results appointment(s)) - My oncologist at 9 and my surgeon at 11 (he said he wants to stay in touch with his success - and I hope he's right). I know this is long - but I thank you for letting me share,

Annette

Hi, Annette, good luck with your results on Tuesday! I think you're doing all the right things to minimize your scanxiety, and I can't say that future scans will get any easier. But I do think it's easier for someone like me to take them in stride, because we KNOW there are nodules in both lungs, and it's just a matter of seeing which ones have changed size and in which direction. For you, it probably seems more like an all-or-nothing thing and hearing that you're "one of the lucky ones" doesn't help all that much. Let us know as soon as you get your results! Aloha,

Ned

Annette, I'm saying prayers for great results on Tuesday.

FB is a great way to keep busy, get lost and forget about some of our troubles. BTW...you run a great little cafe!!!

Tuesday, December 15th will mark 7 years since I lost my dear Dennis to this terrible disease. He's always been my guardian angel and I'm going to ask him to watch over you on Tuesday, December 15th!!!

Annette, you hang in there and keep on playing over on facebook. It's good to have you playing the games with those of us who play. :) Waiting for scan results is never easy. My mom just heard fantastic results from hers, yesterday, and I sure hope it will be the same for you. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and will be looking here for your results on Tuesday.

Hugs,

Sue

Hang in there Annette. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday. Chatting with friends on FB and playing FV is a great distractiton from what we're dealing with. For me, it's people interaction that is much more preferable to endless games of Zuma or Luxor. Keep us posted on those results.

Judy in Key West

Hi Annette,

I hope you got the best of news. I've been crazy busy and not on line much this week. Good to see you here and hope all is well.

I'm still a lucky one, after recurrence, as Tarceva is working so far. Funny world where lucky is concerned.