Anyone need Plurex effusion kits?

barbara1168

I too am confused about what meds I can give people. I have a full months of Tarceva as well, but here in California they tell me to toss them to the garbage. Well, dear lord, We paid over $3,000 for them. But for now, I'll hold them and wiat.

have you checked with your respective Oncologists on these Items?? Debs said that since they had been paid for he would donate them from his office to someone who could use them until they could afford them!!! Maybe not ethical but very much the moral thing to do!!!

I agree Randy...I think I should be able to donate them. From what the oncologist and pharmacy told me it's illegal here in California. Both of them just told me to toss them in the garbage. Haven't been able to bring myself to do that though, so for now I have about 30+ bottles of meds sitting in a box. Just doesn't seem right does it?

Amen I was more than happy to return Debs Meds to her ONC for someone else! he said it was his idea and he did it for less fortunate persons only!!

You might also check with manufacturer...Call United Way and see if they have a program to give back unused meds/supplies. If they don't, the internet might be a place to look as well...I will see if I can find anything. I know that I read a news story about donating unused meds/supplies here in TX but it was several years agao.

Also you may be able to sent them to another state for use as long as they are not narcotics(1 a : a drug (as opium or morphine) that in moderate doses dulls the senses, relieves pain, and induces profound sleep but in excessive doses causes stupor, coma, or convulsions b : a drug (as marijuana or LSD) subject to restriction similar to that of addictive narcotics whether physiologically addictive and narcotic or not

2 : something that soothes, relieves, or lulls. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narcotics) definition provide to ellucidate what is and is not narcotic)) (Which chemo is not considered to be narcotic)

I will leave a link if I find something.

Dawn

These are just a few of the sites I have found that mention donating unused drugs. From several of the house bills, you can see that there maybe some stringent requirements.

http://jpformontana.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... am-is.html (MT)

http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/B ... Baa.pdf(RI)

www.UWCM.org (United Way)

www.cancer.org/downloads/COM/volunteer_ ... consin.pdf - 2004-07-12 (WI)

The other suggestions: any free clinics in your area, Publicly paid for hospitals or health clinics, (ie: supported by tax dollars), Local nursing homes or long term care facilities.

Unfortunately due to the amount of information out there you will have to devote some time to looking it all up and deciphering it...It is a shame that someone hasn't thought of this before and done something about it. I would suggest that you start with the state that you currently reside in and then expand outward to other states.

I will keep looking. and post any additional info I can find.

Dawn