My husband passed away yesterday...

ChristinaMarie

after 16 months. His cancer took a turn for the worst, spreading into his spinal fluid. He was dizzy and always vomiting everytime he stood up. He was also in a lot of pain. He was in the hospital all last week only to come home for the weekend and go right back in on Monday.

I am lost. I have not hit rock bottom yet so to speak, I am still in funeral planning mode. Ask me in a few weeks when I finally work up the nerve to return his Christmas presents. :(

I don't know what to do with myself. I am 28 years old and a widow now. I have yet to go to my house. I am staying at my inlaws right now.

Not to mention this big snow storm is preventing most of my family from coming up for the funeral. OF COURSE this would happen, that is the way my life rolls lately...

Christina,

I am so so sorry for your loss. The are just no words I can offer to ease your pain and heartache.

Take your time making whatever arrangements you need to make. Do what you feel you need to do for you to be able to honor your husband and friend.

Warm and gentle hugs to you. You are in my prayers.

Shirley

Oh Christina !! I am so sorry to read this tonite!!! MY thoughts and Prayers and condolences to you and the whole family right now and in the coming days!! Please know that we are always around to help and support in any way that we can help..

If ya need a shoulder come to us !!

Oh Christina Marie..........I am so very sorry and saddened to hear this news. It is hard to imagine ~ had no idea this was coming. You are far too young to be a widow and your dear husband was far too young to be taken by this evil disease. Please know that many of us are here for you. We are here to prop you up when you feel you just can't do it any longer. May you be filled with wonderful and loving memories to help you through this difficult time. And when ready ~ come and tell us all about the love of your ife.

Kasey

Christina, there aren't words to express how much my heart aches for you. I am so very sorry. You are so young and your dear husband was so young to have lost his life to this horrible disease. Know that we will be here for you in the difficult days ahead. My heartfelt sympathy and condolences to your family.

Hugs,

Sue

I'm so very very sorry to read this. I can say that my niece was widowed at the age of 32 and I think it has an added layer of grief that others can't relate to. I encouraged her to seek out a support group of not just widows, but young widows. Perhaps you, in time, can do the same. Until then, I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh Christine this makes me so sad. Yes you are in funeral mode but you are also in shock. Even when we expect the worst it is still a shock. I think that is so we can get through those first days and do what we have to do. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel this road that no one wants but far too many of us have had to travel.

So sorry for your loss. If you were not across the continent, I'd come stand up for you. Snow - you must be midwest to New England?

I started a new life at 29 - went back to school, moved two states away, made new and long lasting friends. I did it in response to my Mom's death from cancer, if truth be told. Not the same as a spouse, I know. Give yourself time and take good care of yourself. Let others tend to you too. Come talk to us if it helps.

Hugs.

So so Sorry to read this news... How my heart is broken for you. Please take one day at a time and try not to overwhelm yourself with thinking ahead thats what gets us anxiety stricken on top of the grief. God will take care of you - he will never forsake you or your husband who is with him now. I just can't imagine what you must be feeling losing your husband so young but please know that I am praying for you and hope you find the strength inside that we all have in there you just need to have faith and know its there to keep on.

My Condolences

Marci