Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Ann, I'm checking the temp as I write. It is 66 degree, expected high 77 today, 80 on Christmas. I woke up at 5:23 am cold. I was warm last evening so I didn't turn my heater on and was covered with just a sheet. Crazy. Won't do that again soon.

I had to wait for my finger prick yesterday and had five errands afterward. I missed my friend Loreen (she already went to her son's) and was exhausted when I got back. Am thrilled now though that I don't have to go to town again until after Christmas. I'll be wrapping presents and finishing the laundry today. Making a pumpkin pie and homemade applesauce tomorrow. We have two Eve parties to go to but both are in the community where we live.

The sticky burning eye issue kicked in on schedule so I'm doing this with sunglasses. They reduced my steroids to see if that would help. It didn't. It's not the worse side-effect I've had. May as well accept it. It's not going away.

The boards are a little slow being the holidays but I checked the "Viewed" column and people are still reading so I'll keep opening the Air. My daughter and grandson aren't due in until Christmas Day and then I'll probably need a three-day pass. Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

P.S. Ann, I hope you go your three-day pass from work. That will give you five this year.

Sorry you woke up cold this morning, Judy. Warmer weather seems to be on its way for us. I thought it was very chilly last night. I just couldn't seem to get warmed up. My house has tile throughout and it really keeps things cooled down. Like you, our temperatures are supposed to creep up today and then be in the high 70's for tomorrow and then 80 and rainy for Christmas day. I hope your eye gets all better soon! I know that must be very annoying for you.

We went to a great party last night and had a wonderful time. As I looked around at all of the good friends and family that were there, I was hit head on by the Christmas spirit and I'm feeling much better today. I'm trying to remember how very fortunate I am. I've had a great past, a wonderful present and a future filled with love and beautiful grandchildren. My grandchildren are so happy and filled with the excitement of all the sights and sounds of the season. Listening to them tell of their visit with Santa made me remember how important it is for all of us to believe in the magic of Christmas. Jude, who will be two in January, can't contain all of his excitement about Christmas....and Frosty the Snowman. He was dancing with Frosty last night and singing Christmas carols, even when no one was watching!

My Christmas prayer for all of my friends here is that you will all experience the magic of Christmas this year. I love you all and cherish the friendship and bonds that we have made.

Ann

Good morning, everyone!

I commuted by bike again yesterday, but with a 60 percent chance of storms forecast for today, I decided that would be the last shot this year's Christmas shopper drivers would have at me on the bike. I drove the truck to work today, and I'm off tomorrow.

After the storms, it's supposed to turn colder and be pretty chilly on Christmas Day. Our only gathering will be on Christmas Eve, so I'll likely stop in here every day.

Merry Christmas, everyone!