Friday's Air — Happy New Year!

recce101

It's already 7 AM on the East Coast, and I was worried that Judy would beat me to posting the Air for 01/01/10. But out here it's only 2 hours after midnight, and I napped for a while waiting for the big moment, so I'm good to go for a little while. The fireworks have just about quit, and I'm happy to say that Rosie weathered the storm quite well, as she did last year, her first New Year's Eve with us. Our previous golden was terrified of fireworks and would stay under my computer desk for several hours every New Year's Eve. Eventually I was able to get her more or less acclimated by desensitizing her with a CD of explosion sound effects the last couple of weeks each December, and she would come out from under the desk a little earlier each year. But Rosie is a real trooper and finds the noise a stupid annoyance more than something to be afraid of.

Well, I'm ready to hit the sack now and would like to wish everyone a great 2010. I know many of us enter the year with some trepidation, but we just have to remember, even if we can't always control events, at least we can control our reaction to them! Aloha to all,

Ned

Good morning, Ned! Good morning, everyone! Happy New Year to all!

It's a good thing I got off work at noon, yesterday. I rode home and within a few minutes, the wind really picked up, the temperature started dropping, and the cold rain started. It was not a fit afternoon at all to be outside installing a north facing storm door. Ask me how I know that.

Rose and I enjoyed a quiet New Year's Eve at home. Today, we're having a family gathering for lunch. I'll probably do a short afternoon bike ride. It's clear and sunny now, but it was 26 degrees this morning, a good morning to stay inside and take it easy.

Have a great day, all!

Wishing you all a happy and heathy New Year. A special thanks to those of you who post such encouraging words and helpful advice. Many of us, I know, read the threads but may not comment perhaps as often as we could or should, but that makes your contributions that much more valuable. So thanks to you all, and may 2010 be an NED year! :D

Jane

Morning All and Happy New Year. Ned, it was so wonderful coming onsite and seeing you opened our New Year's Air. That was a real breath of fresh Air for me! I love your thought for the new year.

I know many of us enter the year with some trepidation, but we just have to remember, even if we can't always control events, at least we can control our reaction to them!

As I was preparing to come on I was thinking that some of us wish the holiday could last forever because of another long weekend off work. Some of us who are missing husbands and wives or Mothers and Fathers, Sisters or Brothers or dear friends are thinking it can't end soon enough. But to all of you, I wish you peace and happiness and health in the coming year. Oh yeah, me too lol. I'm hoping for NED very soon.

Judy in Key West