It's Official!!!!!!

Kasey

5 years ago today I was in the operating room at the National Institutes of Health undergoing an 8-1/2 hour life-saving surgery. I was dx'd in Sept. '04 and given no hope of surviving beyond the spring of '05. I actually count my survival from that Sept., but my very favorite surgeon said HE counts from his surgery. So I get to celebrate twice! I already did back in the fall, but today I will celebrate big time!

So..........here's hope to all you newbies and thanks to all who've been with me anywhere along the way as I traveled this road.

Fred and I have encountered a few bumps in the road since Thanksgiging which is a story for another time. But today I want to shout out a thanks to Katie for this site, to DonnaG for responding to me, and mhutch for giving me the info to get me to where I could find hope and help. You guys are all awesome and my true heroes! Thank you.

Kasey - 5 year survivor - Stage IIIB 'inoperable' (yea, right!) lung cancer

Kasey, Congratulations! five years ago today you were in the operating room and five years ago today I received the results of my biopsy and was told that I had lung cancer. I am so very grateful that I am here to celebrate my five year anniversary of diagnosis with you.

Carol

Well...............all your responses have brought me to tears for the third time today. The first ~ when I opened my eyse this morning. The second ~ playing bridge with gals I didn't know before this past summer. Somehow, not important how, the reading of scans came up. Happens that the husband of one of the gals read some of mine 5 years ago. That brought about the discolosure of my dx and prognosis. The women were awestruck and brought me to tears again. And now you guys. I am blessed many times over.

Yes, Snowflake, you DID tell me so. And in spite of what you said, I WASTED 2 years in worry. My love and gratitiude to all LCSC members. You are all the very BEST!

xoxo,

Kasey - 5 year survivor - Stage IIIB 'inoperable' (yea, right!) lung cancer

Congratulations my friend, I'm impressed with your new signature........Kasey, 5 year survivor etc. Be proud of your successes, there was never any doubt on my part that you had it made. I'm celebrating when I get home from the hospital (tomorrow) so I shall be a day late but I'll raise my ginger ale in the mean time.

Love you old broad......isn't it nice to be a surviving old broad

From another surviving old broad

Geri

Kasey, I haven't peeked onto the site in over 2 months, and this is the post that caught my eye! I am thrilled with your post, inspired by your determination, and overwhelmed by your immense compassion for everyone else..........you are truly the BEST....Congratulations on 5 years very well lived.......

Big Hug

Lynne

Congratulations Kasey! You are so awesome! You are an example of what determination and strength can do. I am so excited for your five year status and wish you many, many more celebrations of survival.

Cindy